You might have seen people making silly faces to they phone and you no longer even wonder. Why? Because you know they are using Snapchat. Snapchat is a social network that is now very popular around the world. 150 million people are using Snapchat and this number is increasing day after day. It might be a little difficult to start using Snapchat as it may appear to be a somehow difficult to get things started. If you want to learn how to use Snapchat, here is the complete tutorial.
How to set up an account to use Snapchat
- Download Snapchat. The first step to use Snapchat is to download the app. You can download Snapchat from Google Play or App Store.
- Create an account. On the next step, you will need to create an account. Tap on ‘Sign up’, enter your email address and birthday and you are done.
- Create a username. You can pick a username that represents your name or your brand. Choose something you won’t regret. You won’t be able to change it later.
- Human verification. It’s a verification process to ensure that no automated account is being created.
- Add contacts. You can search among your contacts for Snapchat users and you can send them a friend request.
All you need to know about Snapchat
These are some of the expressions you need to know in order to use Snapchat.
Snap: A snap is a photo or video that you take with Sapchat camera and it will disappear after maximum of 10 seconds.
Stories: Snapchat stories are the post that you share with your Snapchat friends. Swipe left to view your friends’ stories.
Snapchat score: The number under your profile name is your Snapchat score. It is based on the number of snaps you have sent and received.
Filter: Filters are the way to add fun to your snaps. Filters can change based on especial events, holiday, and location.
Snap lenses: Snap lenses allow you to add animated special effects to your photos or videos. Unlike Snap filters, you use lenses while you are taking a Snap.
Geofilter: These are filters unique to your current location. To enable Geofilters, you have to turn on your location in Snapchat.
Snapcode: Your Snapchat profile’s unique QR code. You cna use Snapchat Snapcode to add friends easily.
Snapcode selfie: You can personalize your Snapcode by adding a selfie. You Snapcode selfie can be viewed by other Snapchat users.
Chat: You can use Snapchat as an instant messenger as well. Messages disappear after they are viewed. If you take a screenshot of a chat, the other user will be notified.
Memories: Memories is a camera roll feature containing all your snaps. You can make your Memories public or private. You can also post older Snaps to your Story from Memories.