You might have seen people making silly faces to they phone and you no longer even wonder. Why? Because you know they are using Snapchat. Snapchat is a social network that is now very popular around the world. 150 million people are using Snapchat and this number is increasing day after day. It might be a little difficult to start using Snapchat as it may appear to be a somehow difficult to get things started. If you want to learn how to use Snapchat, here is the complete tutorial.
How to set up an account to use Snapchat
- Download Snapchat. The first step to use Snapchat is to download the app. You can download Snapchat from Google Play or App Store.
- Create an account. On the next step, you will need to create an account. Tap on ‘Sign up’, enter your email address and birthday and you are done.
- Create a username. You can pick a username that represents your name or your brand. Choose something you won’t regret. You won’t be able to change it later.
- Human verification. It’s a verification process to ensure that no automated account is being created.
- Add contacts. You can search among your contacts for Snapchat users and you can send them a friend request.
All you need to know about Snapchat
These are some of the expressions you need to know in order to use Snapchat.
Snap: A snap is a photo or video that you take with Sapchat camera and it will disappear after maximum of 10 seconds.
Stories: Snapchat stories are the post that you share with your Snapchat friends. Swipe left to view your friends’ stories.
Snapchat score: The number under your profile name is your Snapchat score. It is based on the number of snaps you have sent and received.
Filter: Filters are the way to add fun to your snaps. Filters can change based on especial events, holiday, and location.
Snap lenses: Snap lenses allow you to add animated special effects to your photos or videos. Unlike Snap filters, you use lenses while you are taking a Snap.
Geofilter: These are filters unique to your current location. To enable Geofilters, you have to turn on your location in Snapchat.
Snapcode: Your Snapchat profile’s unique QR code. You cna use Snapchat Snapcode to add friends easily.
Snapcode selfie: You can personalize your Snapcode by adding a selfie. You Snapcode selfie can be viewed by other Snapchat users.
Chat: You can use Snapchat as an instant messenger as well. Messages disappear after they are viewed. If you take a screenshot of a chat, the other user will be notified.
Memories: Memories is a camera roll feature containing all your snaps. You can make your Memories public or private. You can also post older Snaps to your Story from Memories.
This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic)