One of the ways through which you can chat with your online friends is through Google Hangouts. Hangouts app is available for both android and iOS devices. This app replaced Google Talk and integrates with Google+ and Google Voice. You can use Google Hangouts to make voice and video calls with up to 10 participants along with texting ability. Hangouts is also comes with the desktop version which allows you to syn all your devices with the same account. Although Google is encouraging its users to move to the Google Allo app, there are many people who would want to use google Hangouts. If you are one of them, here is how you can get started with Hangouts. however, there are some concerns about Hangouts privacy and some people it would be possible to spy on Hangouts.
Steps to use Google Hangouts
the first thing you need to do is to download Hangouts for your device. You can download Hangouts for iOS from App Store and for Android from Google Play. Hangouts works on your Google account. So after you have installed it on your phone, you will need your Google account to activate it. Here is how you can start chatting with Google Hangouts.
- Choose a contact from the contact list or fetch one by tapping on the add icon
- Touch the message box to start typing a message for your friend
- Adding more people to the hangout is always possible: Touch the Action Overflow or Menu icon and choose New Group Hangout. Choose a friend from those listed to invite them into the hangout
How to use Google Hangouts video chats
Making a video call with Google Hangouts is just as easy as chatting.
- Choose a contact to make a call with
- In the screen that opens, click the video icon at the top of the screen to initiate a one-to-one or group video call
Click the phone receiver icon to begin a voice call. You can also send messages from the bottom of the screen. You can attach photos or emojis by tapping the appropriate icons.
As you can see, it is absolutely easy to use Google Hangouts. If you have any questions with regard to Google Hangouts, please don’t hesitate to ask them in the comments section.