YouTube is undoubtedly the greatest video-sharing service. A lot of people of different ages use it for various purposes. Many young people, use YouTube to watch music videos, comedy shows, DIY guides, recipes, hacks and more. Teens also use the video-sharing service to follow their favorite vloggers (video blogger), subscribe to other YouTubers and celebrities they are interested in. Some try to make money with it and some others keep uploading many videos for people to watch. If you are a YouTuber we are here you become more advanced at using this service. Here is how you can update YouTube videos.
How to update YouTube videos
Is it even possible to update YouTube videos? You can organize and make changes to your video’s title, category, description, and privacy settings. However, unfortunately, it’s not possible to upload a new version, replace or update YouTube videos. However, if you insist on updating your video here is a tip for you.
- Upload your updated version as a new video.
- Tag it the same way as the original, Don’t forget to improve the tags.
- Use a description which is similar to the original, however, again try to improve it during the process
- Add it as a video comment to the original
- Add an annotation to the old video with a message saying it’s no longer up to date and give a link to the new version
- Promote the new version in all the ways you normally promote a new video
So you can’t update Youtube videos but this way you won’t lose your total “views” or the position of that video in the search results. Moreover, you provide useful and relevant information to people who have already viewed the old video clip – you give them a link to a newer version. You’ve helped them. This is why deleting the old video is not the best idea.
How to delete YouTube videos
It’s possible to delete any video that you have updated on YouTube. What you need to know is that once you delete a video it will be gone forever and there will be no way to recover it unless you have a saved backup. Moreover, the URL and the title will not be visible anymore. With that in mind if you still wish to delete a video here is what you need to do.
- The first step would be signing in to YouTube.
- Next, you should navigate to Creator Studio by clicking your Google Account icon in the top right > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, click on Video Manager > Videos.
- Select the checkbox next to the video(s) you want to delete.
- At the top of the page, choose Actions > Delete from the drop-down menu.