As you decide to join the social network and create your Twitter account you have to supply a cell phone number and email address. This address will be used to send you notifications, suggestions and security confirmations such as changing accounts passwords. In case your Twitter account be hacked your linked Email is the only way to recover it.
Each time the Email address that is linked to your Twitter account get change or be updated, Twitter will send an notification message to the former email address which you want to replace, and asks for confirmation of changing Twitter Email address. This is somehow an alert in order to improve the security. Also the previously-used Email addresses would be stored by Twitter as essential safety information.
How to change your Twitter email address?
If you have forgot the Email address that is associated with your Twitter account, or if you have realized your current email address is hacked or in case you have any personal or privacy reasons here is how to change your it.
- Install the latest version of Twitter app on Android or IOS and open it or login through Twitter website.
- Tap on your profile image.
- Tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Email. You will see two boxes, one containing your current Email address and one other empty.
- Type the new Email address in the empty box and tap Next.
- Tap Got it. Then Twitter will now send a confirmation message to the new address and a notification message to the former address.
- Click the link in the confirmation email to finish the update.
How to go through former Twitter email addresses?
You can access a complete history of your Twitter account’s linked email addresses by downloading your data through Your Twitter Data. Here is how to do it.
- Log into your Twitter account on the website or app.
- Click your profile icon in the top right navigation bar.
- Select Settings and privacy from the drop-down menu.
- Click Your Twitter data.
- Enter your password and click Confirm.
How would others find me by my email address or phone number?
If someone has your Email address or phone number in their contacts, they may find your account when they upload those contacts to Twitter. Your account may also appear as a suggestion for others to follow if your email address or phone number is included in the contacts that others have uploaded. You can control whether others can find you on Twitter by your Email address or phone number by adjusting your discoverability privacy settings.
- Log into your Twitter account.
- Enter privacy and security settings.
- Next to the Discoverability section, you’ll see the following options:
- Let others find you by your email
- Let others find you by your phone
- Uncheck one or both options.
- Click Save changes.
Will my email address be publicly displayed on Twitter?
Even if you enable the feature that let people find you on Twitter by your email address your contact information will not appear to anyone on public at all.
How to find linked Emails of other users Twitter account?
There might be some reasons that you want to reach someone’s Email addresses from their Twitter usernames. Here are some suggestions that help you find addresses.
- Look in their bio some people add their Email addresses in their bio to provide directly email contacts for their followers.
- Visit Their Website you might find their direct contact information in their personal or business website.
- Visit Their Other Social Profiles for example it is easy to find people’s email addresses from their Linkdln or Facebook profile.
- You also can simply google their Twitter username and search for more contact information.
- There are some apps and websites programmed to give you the account’s email addresses with entering the social media account’s username. Try them.
- Finally you can just direct them and ask them for their email addresses.
How to link Multiple Twitter Accounts with one Email
Generally it is impossible to create more than on Twitter account with the same email address. There is a trick however that you can make this possible. By this way you can have several Twitter username all associated with one email address. This trick is available for all users using Gmail or google email addresses, since Gmail ignores periods in the email username. By the mean in Gmail, you can add a dot in the Gmail username and all the messages that are sent to those addresses would be received your mailbox.
For example, in case your email address username is Sophia you can use S.ophia or So.phia to create new Twitter accounts while you will receive all the relevant messages from your multiple Twitter accounts in the orginal Gmail account. This is possible because Twitter will consider periods in the Gmail username a new address.
How to stop Twitter Email notifications?
As you first sign-up on Twitter and create your account at first place, all email notifications are active by default, but you can modify it and stop them. Here is how to do it.
- Login to your Twitter account
- Click the small Profile Icon.
- Select Settings.
- Select Email notifications.
- Uncheck the respective notification boxes that you want their Email notifications stop.
- Click Save.