One of the features that social media apps such as Instagram offer for their users is the ability to react to other people’s posts through comments. Users can also like a particular post to show reactions to their friends. The good side of the story is when you receive lots of likes and desirable comments from all your loved ones. But things can start to get irritating when your followers start writing hateful comments. Social media apps such as Instagram try to do their best to provide users with the maximum amount of privacy, and that is why Instagram allows users to disable the commenting feature if they want. So are you looking for a way to disable comments on Instagram? If it is so, you are in the right place. In this article, I will explain how you can turn off Instagram comments for your post, your stories, or your live videos.
Turn off Instagram comments for posts
As I mentioned earlier, Instagram respects your privacy and allows you to turn off commenting feature if you’d want to. It is absolutely simple to turn off Instagram comments and all you need to do is to follow these steps:
- Launch Instagram application on your mobile device
- Tap on the plus icon from the bottom bar
- Take a photo with camera or choose a pre-existing photo from gallery
- Add filters to your photo as you wish and tap on Next
- Tap on the grey Advanced Settings option
- Toggle on Turn Off Commenting
- Go back to the previous page and publish your post
By following these steps, you can simply disable the commenting feature for your Instagram post before you publish it. But on some occasions, you may have posted a photo with the commenting feature turned on and now you would like to turn off comments. Don’t worry as I have the solution for you here. Here is what you need to do.
Turn off Instagram comments for published posts
If you want to disable comments on Instagram for a particular photo or video that you have previously shared, you will need to take these steps:
- Launch Instagram application on your mobile phoene
- Go to your profile and open the particular post
- Tap on the three dots icon on the upper right corner of the photo to enter post settings
- Tap on Turn Off Commenting
By following these steps, your followers will no longer be able to write comments for your posts.
Turn off Instagram comments for stories
One of the most interesting ad most popular features of Instagram is Instagram stories. This feature allows users to share a photo or a video with their followers which can be viewed only once and only for 24 hours. Instagram stories allow your followers to send a comment for your post in the form of a message. These comments cannot be viewed by other followers as they are in the form of a conversation between you and the target follower. However, you can still disable this feature so that no one will be able to send a comment for your story. Here is how you can do that:
- Run Instagram application on your phone
- Go to your profile and tap on the three dots icon to open Options
- Scroll down and tap on Story Settings
- Hide Story From allows you to hide your story from particular followers
- Your Followers will allow only your followers to send comments for your story
- Followers You Follow Back only allows followers whom you follow as well to comment on your story
- Off will turn off story commenting for everyone
Turn off Instagram comments for live videos
Instagram Live feature allows users to broadcast live videos with your followers in real time. This is a very popular feature as you can share every moment of your life with your friends and your loved ones. As your followers watch your online broadcast, they can react by typing down comments which will appear on the screen. But if you happen to find this feature annoying, you can easily disable it. All you need to do is to tap on the three dots icon on the screen while your are recording the video. You can then turn off commenting from the menu.