Just like all other applications, tumblr safety is an important factor you should be aware of .
tumblr is so sensitive and as you know it has some restriction for kids.
Then for this reason and many other reasons, your tumblr account as an adult should not be available for all the people around you or people who are unknown to you.
If your privacy is important for you then follow these five steps to make sure of your tumblr safety.
1.Make Strong Password For tumblr safety
Making password is not something new for the people who work on different applications but most people don’t care to make a strong password.
A strong password consist of the following features:
- A strong password consists of a combination of upper case letters. lower case letters, numbers, punctuation, and some other characters
- The longer the password is the safer it will be and it will takes a long time for some one to guess long passwords or to hack it
- Don’t use a favorite password for all your needs and if you do so make sure to do some security change in it such as challenge questions etc.
- You can use a password manager to remind you different passwords, challenge questions and answers in different sites. here we recommend you to use mSecure because it is a multi platform app (you can use it in Mac, iPhone, Android… ). you can also search for many other password manager apps.
2. Devise a Unique Password
It is a little hard but some websites help you to devise a password which is unique.
Some of them won’t let you to use a short password.
Others offer you some characters such as + or – .
Some sites don’t let you choose those characters but lead you to a unique and safe password.
Keep it in mind that the more unique is your password the hardest it is for hackers to enter your tumblr or any other sites of you.
3. Activate Two-Factor Authentication
For activating two factor authentication, do as follows:
Tap setting under the account menu on top of the dashboard > in security part activate two-factor authentication > enter your phone number > enter password > you will receive a 6 digit-code that you should enter > decide how you want to receive the code > we recommend you to choose both in case you need a bake up >take an screen shot to keep the digits in a safe file > use it to activate two factor authentication.
4. Application Password
In some cases you link your tumblr to IFTTT which two factor-authentication is not an option. in that case application password will work.
You should specify a different application password for every situation like this .
If an app doesn’t compromise you can block access for it.
Therefor you don’t need to redo your application setup.
5. Set to Receive an Email On your Account Activity
When you enable this option you will be notified via your email what is happening in your account.
You know the latest changes in it without entering your account on tumblr.
If you receive too many emails from different apps and sites, it will make your pain worse.
Then turn it off whenever you feel you don’t need it.