Among the messaging applications which are raising in popularity day after day is Telegram messenger. Telegram is an application that focuses on speed and security. Telegram features are numerous and that is why this application is attracting more and more users day after day. Telegram offers support for different mobile platforms, but that’s not all. You can also use Telegram on desktop computers with different platforms as well. Did you know that aside from the desktop version of Telegram, you can also use your Telegram in your web browser? Telegram Web allows you to login to your account simply without the need to install a software on your computer.
Do you want to know how to use Telegram on your web browser? Here is how you can do that. Read along for a complete tutorial on all the things you need to know about Telegram web. In fact, if you have used WhatsApp on your computer, using Telegram on your computer is much easier in comparison to WhatsApp.
How to use Telegram web on PC
Telegram is a free to use messaging app loved by many people around the world. It requires your phone number for registration and you can specify a user ID for yourself later. You can start a chat communication with a friend either by their phone number or their Telegram ID. One of the greatest features of Telegram is that it is multi-platform. This means that Telegram allows users to use the same account on multiple devices and platforms. So you can have the same Telegram account active on as many devices as you want.
Of course you can download the application on your mobile phone or your desktop computer. But there are times when you have to login to your account and you don’t have time to install the app. Here is where Telegram web can be useful for you. Follow these steps to login to your Telegram account via web browser.
- Open your web browser on your PC or smart phone or any other device.
- Navigate to Telegram web page at web.telegram.org
- On Telegram login page, select your country and enter your phone number associated with your Telegram account and click on Next.
- A message will appear that asks you to confirm your phone number. If it is correct click on Ok and if not, click on Cancel and re-enter your phone number.
- Telegram will send a unique verification code to your mobile number or your Telegram account active on your other devices.
- Enter the 5-digit verification code and wait for your chat conversations to load.
How to add friends on Telegram web
now that you have managed to view your Telegram account on your web browser, you may want to do a couple of things on your account aside from sending and receiving messages. You may for example want to add a number of friends to your Telegram contact list. Here is how you can do that on Telegram web:
- Click on the three horizontal lines on top left corner of the page
- Choose Contacts from the menu
- A list containing all your contacts will appear
- Click on NEW CONTACT from the bottom of the list to add a friend to your contacts list by their phone number
In order to block or delete a user, click on the contact photo and then click on More… on their profile.
Use Chrome extension for Telegram
another way to login to your telegram account via your web browser is to use Chrome extension for Telegram. It is fast and easy and you no longer need to go to web.telegram.org to login to your account.
Here is how you can quickly access your Telegram account via Chrome extension:
- Download and install Chrome extension for Telegram web
- You will receive Telegram verification code on your device
- Enter the code to verify your account
- You can now start using Telegram on your browser via Chrome extension
This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic)