Telegram group chats are among the most enjoyable experiences one can have on Telegram application. There is no doubt that Telegram features are numerous, but the group chat feature is definitely one of the bests. Group chat feature on Telegram allows users to have friendly conversations with their friends or family and use all its extra features to add fun to their chat conversations. A Telegram supergroup is a Telegram group with much more advanced features. Here is all you need to know about Telegram supergroups and how to create them.
What is a Telegram supergroup?
If you want to create a small community in which people can talk and share different media files, while others can comment on them, Telegram group chats are a great choice for you. However, Telegram groups have a number of limitations. For example, the maximum number of users you can add to Telegram groups is 200 members. Creating a group o Telegram is absolutely simple. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Launch Telegram application on your phone
- Tap on the icon to create a new chat
- Choose New group
- Give it a name.
- Add users from your contact list
- Tap on the Create button and you are done
Once you have created a Telegram group, you can always change it a supergroup which offer more features in comparison to a Telegram group. a Telegram supergroup is much like group but with some distinguishing features.
Features of Telegram supergroup
To clearly understand if you need a Telegram supergroup, you first need to come to an understanding of what supergroups offer. Here are all the features you can have with a Telegram supergroup.
- Number of members: The maximum number of members in a group is 200. This is while you can add up to 100,000 members to your supergroup.
- Admins: A group admin has a number of responsibilities which include inviting new members, changing some data and monitoring messages. Moreover, they can remove the messages or block the users if required.
- History: When a new member is added to Telegram supergroups, they can view all the history of the Telegram chat.
- Notification: The notifications are disabled by default for supergroups. However, users can enable the notifications whenever they want.
- Bots: Several bots can be added to the dialogues to make conversations more alive. Just type in the name of the bots and wait for the bot to load.
How to convert a Telegram group to supergroup?
Here are the steps you need to take if you want to change your Telegram group to supergroup:
- Open the group that you wan to convert to supergroup (You definitely need to have a group to be able to change to a supergroup).
- Go to the group profile page and click on the three dots icon from top right corner of the screen and choose Convert to supergroup.
- On the next page, some features of the supergroup will be displayed to you. Click on the Convert to Supergroup after reading them.
- On the next step, you will see a message saying that converting a group to supergroup is irreversible. So, if you are are sure about this click on Ok.
You have now successfully converted your Telegram group to a supergroup. You can now add more members to your group or add other admins to your group.