Don’t worry if your smartphone’s volume or power buttons damaged and not functioning anymore. That doesn’t mean that your phone cannot work anymore. Earlier we have discussed around how to take screenshots on different Android phones. Here we bring to you a useful app available on Play Store which can help you screenshot without buttons on Android and iOS. So, let’s look at the procedure. Moreover, we have also explained two different methods to take screenshot without using print screen button on Windows. Also, you will learn one bonus method with which you can capture screenshots on Android with the home button.
Take Screenshot Without Button on Android
- Visit “Play Store” and search for “Assistive Touch” for Android app. Then you need to install the app and open it.
- Tap on Layout under “Floating Menu” section.
- Now, tap on the + icon and on the next screen come down and select Screenshot.
- Exit the app and you will see the “assistive touch” icon. Go to the desired screen you want to capture and tap on the “assistive touch” icon. Select Screenshot to capture the screen.
You can easily get rid of the “Assistive touch” whenever desired by simply uninstalling the app.
Take Screenshot With the Home Button
“Screenshot Assistant” by Waskysoft is the only app you’re going to need to use the Home button for screenshots. This app is available for free on the Play Store. When you first install the app, it’s going to take you through a brief introduction of the app. So you will also need to set up the assistant preferences.
You will not be able to use Google Assistant, when you set this up. So if you want to use this app, it’s a sacrifice you’re going to have to make. Once you’ve chosen the app, hit the back button and the app will let you know that everything is set up. Tap on the “Done” option on the bottom right.
Once you tap on done, it’s all set up. Find whatever it is you want to take a screenshot of and only press the home button. Make sure that you keep the home button pressed but only for a few seconds. After taking the screenshot, you will see some options at the bottom of your display.
The first icon allows you to crop your screenshot. When you tap on this option, you will see a white square. If it’s the right size, you can simply move it to where you want to take the screenshot. If it needs some adjusting just tap a side and adjust it to the size, you need.
To the left of the share button, is the option to save the screenshot to your Android device once you have what you need. With the share button, you can use to send the screenshot to any app you have on your phone. I should say that the app didn’t have any compatibility issues with another screenshot app I have on my phone.
I was able to use both of them without any issues. Anyways you will be able to take a screenshot without Power button on Android using this app which you may require.
iOS officially has assistive touch you itself. So you don’t need any third party app. Follow the steps below to turn on assistive touch on iPhone or iPad.
- Go to “Settings” and select “General”.
- Next tap on “Accessibility” followed by AssistiveTouch.
- Finally, toggle the AssistiveTouch switch to “ON”.
This will enable assistive touch on your iOS device. To take a screenshot using Assistive touch tap on its icon and select Device. Now, tap on More and select Screenshot.
How to Take Screenshot Without Using Print Screen Button On Windows
Now in case of Windows PC, if you are looking for a print screen button alternative or if your print screen button is not working, then you always have a couple of options to take the screenshot on your Windows laptop or a PC. Here’s how.
Using one of the methods in this section, you can take the custom screenshot, which is not the case with print screen button. The “prt sc” button takes the screenshot of the whole screen. You do not have to install any software or apps on your Windows system to achieve this task.
In the first method we will use “snipping tool” while “on-screen keyboard” will be used in the second method.
First Method: Using Snipping Tool
You can take custom screenshot or full screenshot by using this tool. Here is how to use it:
- Click on the “Windows icon” on the bottom taskbar.
- Type in “Snipping tool” and press enter.
- Now Snipping tool will open for you. So click on “New“.
- Next, click on the screen and drag to select the part of the screen you want to take the screen. After that release the mouse click. This will open the selected area screenshot in snipping tool.
- Now, click on File and then click on “Save As” option to save the image to the desired location.
This tool can help you save the partial screenshot and full screenshot as well.
Second method: Take Screenshot Using On-screen Keyboard
If you want to take the screenshot without Snipping tool then you can use the on-screen keyboard. The On-Screen keyboard is nothing but a virtual keyboard. It will have all the keys available on your actual keyboard. Take the following steps to take the screenshot.
- At first, click on the Windows icon and type in “On-Screen Keyboard” and press enter.
- When the virtual keyboard opens, you can need to look for the “Prt Scn” key and click on it. This will take the screenshot. Then, you can open “paint” and paste it.
The disadvantage of this feature is that it captures “on-screen keyboard” in the screenshot. So you have to adjust accordingly or use snipping tool.
The Bottom Line
So far you got that you have two ways to take a screenshot without print screen button on Windows laptop or a PC. I prefer Snipping tool as it has a feature to take custom screenshots.
We hope this article has been useful for you and you were able to take the screenshot without buttons on Android, iPhone and Windows PC. If you found the tutorial helpful then don’t forget to share it on comment section below.