One of the greatest features of Telegram messaging application is its bots. Telegram bots such as the Poll bot are extremely handy as they enable you to have a number of functionalities in Telegram groups and supergroups. While this is true that these bots are very useful, there are times that they appear to be extremely annoying as they keep on sending messages. So, are you looking for a way to stop Telegram bots? Here is how you can do that.
Delete Telegram bots
As soon as you start a bot on Telegram and start sending messages to it, your Telegram ID will become accessible by that bot and from that time on, the Telegram bot will be allowed to send you messages or add you to channels. This is of course not something desirable for Telegram users and that is why many users start looking for the way to stop Telegram bot once they have joined it! However, the steps to delete a Telegram bot might not be that straightforward and many Telegram users decide to delete Telegram account to get rid of these bots!
One thing that you might have faced as a Telegram user is that these bots keep on sending message and inviting you to channels even if you no longer use them. And to stop this from happening, you will of course need to stop Telegram bots completely. Also, you will need to block Telegram bot after you have stopped it to completely get rid of the messages it sends. In what follows, I will explain how you can stop and block Telegram bots easily.
Stop Telegram bots
Here are the steps you will need to take in order to stop and block Telegram bots:
- Launch Telegram application on your phone and go to your chats.
- Find the bot in your list of chats and tap it to enter your conversation with the Telegram bot.
- Tap the name or picture of the bot to access its profile.
- Touch the three dots icon from the top of the screen and choose “Stop bot” from the opened menu.
By taking these steps, you will be able to stop Telegram bots. However, there are times when you have stopped a bot but it still keeps on sending you messages or adding you to channels. If you have experienced this, what you’ll need to do is to block the bot. Here’s how to do that.
Block Telegram bots
Blocking Telegram bots is not very straightforward as there is no block option on the profile page of the bot. In order to block a Telegram bot, you will need to use the Settings menu on the Telegram app itself. Here is how you can do that:
- Open Telegram application on your phone and go to the Settings menu
- Tap the “Privacy and Security” from the menu
- Choose “Blocked Users” from the list
- Tap the + icon from the top right corner of the screen and tap the search icon in your list of contacts
- Now type down the name of the bot and once its names appears, select it to add it to the list of blocked contacts
Using the steps above, you will be able to stop Telegram bots completely and get rid of all those annoying messages for good.
I hope you found this tutorial article useful. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to mention them in the comments section.