One of the most powerful software to establish a remote connection with a desktop computer through internet is TeamViewer. This software is a clever and very powerful application that allows you to take full remote control over a PC through the internet. This makes TeamViewer ideal for retrieving forgotten files, and it’s also a great way of helping friends and family with their computer problems without the necessity to have physical access. This will allow you to sit back at your desk and simply connect to a computer anytime anywhere.There is a bunch of such remote access tools in the market. Some of them like AnyDesk actually offer really great features. But the popularity of TeamViewer is beyond doubt. If you are looking for a TeamViewer tutorial on how to use TeamViewer, you are in the right place. Follow the article to learn more.
What is TeamViewer and how to download it
Before you start to use TeamViewer, you will need to become familiar with what TeamViewer is. Simply put, TeamViewer is a professional software application used to connect to any computer, server or mobile device around the world in just a few seconds by taking some easy steps. TeamViewer offers a number of great features. You can use TeamViewer for remote control, desktop sharing and file transfer between computers.You can even access a computer running TeamViewer with a web browser! But what you need to know is that you can connect to a remote device only with the owner’s consent.
In order to use TeamViewer to connect to a remote device, you will first need to download TeamViewer and install it both on your own device as well as the target device. Then you will need to take further steps for installation. You can use the below link to download TeamViewer.
Steps to use TeamViewer
TeamViewer is compatible with Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS and Android. So you can choose the suitable version for your devices. This quick tutorial will guide you through the installation of TeamViewer and help you to establish a basic desktop sharing session with a partner. Take these steps to use TeamViewer.
How to install TeamViewer
- Click on the download button and download TeamViewer to youe device and save it to your desirable location.
- In order to start the setup, right click on the file and then click on “Run as administrator“.
- Under “How do you want to proceed?” click on “Basic installation“.
- Under “How do you want to use TeamViewer?” click on “Personal / Non-commercial use“. If you have purchased a license, click on “Company / Commercial use“.
- check “Show advance settings” in case you want to change the install path. And configure more advanced settings.
- Click “Finish” to end the setup.
Use TeamViewer to establish a connection
After you are done with the installation process, you will be ready to use TeamViewer. Here are the steps you will need to take in order to connect to a remote device.
- After you have installed the software on both devices, you can start the connection. A window like the one in the photo will appear for you and your partner. Type your partner’s ID in the box named “Partner ID” and them click on “Connect to partner“.
- You will be prompted to enter a password. Ask your partner to give you the password. Type it down and you are all set. Working on your laptop computer, you should now be able to move icons around on your other PC. You can open programs, close programs and make system configuration changes too.
You can have a number of great features with TeamViewer. I hope you fount this tutorial helpful. Please don’t hesitate to ask your questions in the comments section.