Snapchat is gaining more and more popularity nowadays. But you may not know that there is a lot to Snapchat. If you want to learn Snapchat tricks to start using it as a pro, follow me through this article.
Here are a number of cool Snapchat tricks and expert tips that take your Snapchat to next level:
Apply more than one filter on a snap
Did you know that you can use more than one filter on a single snap? Well, here is how you can do that!
- Take a photo with the app as you would do normally
- Swipe left to choose a filter
- Once you have chosen your filter hold your finger still on the screen and use other finger to swipe left
- For the third filter, lift your fingers for a moment and place one on the screen again. Swipe left to choose the third one
If you are not happy with the combination just swipe right to go back to the original.
Pin an emoji on a moving target
This extremely cool Snapchat feature enables you to record videos with moving emojis. Here’s how to do that:
- Take a video of a moving object
- When you are done tap the emoji icon and choose the one you want
- Resize the emoji, hold it and drag it to the moving object. At this point your object becomes frozen
- hold the emoji for a moment and now Snapchat will reload the video with the moving emoji
Turn on “Travel Mode” to save data and battery life
One of the really handy Snapchat tricks is the Travel Mode option. Boost your battery life when you are using Snapchat.
- In Snapchat, tap on the ghost icon on the top left of the screen
- Tap on the gear icon on the top right of the screen
- Under Additional Services open Manage
- Enable Travel Mode
Make your own stickers
If are tired of the same old stickers, one of the cool Snapchat tricks allows you to make your own stickers!
- Take a photo or video
- Tap on the scissors button on the screen
- Color the part that you want to convert to sticker
- Your sticker is automatically saved in your sticker box and you can use it later
To delete your custom stickers:
- Open your stickers box
- Tap on the scissors icon on the bottom of the screen. Now you see all your custom stickers
- hold any sticker and drag it to the trash can icon on top of the screen
Have multiple lines of text on your snap
You may have noticed that you can’t press enter to go to next line when you are typing a text on your snap! Well here you are with a cool trick on how to do that.
- Open Notes app on your phone
- Tap return button several times to create empty lines
- Select and copy the empty lines
- On your photo in Snapchat tap on the T icon
- Paste the empty lines in the text box
- Put your cursor on any line and type
Shazam songs with Snapchat
Shazam is an application which recognizes songs for you. Now you may have not known that this wonderful app is integrated with Snapchat?
- Launch Snapchat
- Press and hold the screen on camera interface and Snapchat will recognize the song through Shazam
- You can also check out the song by going to Snapchat Settings > Shazam
Download a copy of your Snapchat usage data
Did you know that you can download a copy of all of your data on Snapchat? To do so, just follow these steps:
- Go to Snapchat website and login with your Snapchat account.
- One you have logged in, click on My Data
- In the next page, click on Submit Request
- Then, you’ll get a link in your email ID, which will direct you to the web page to download your data from
Get black background on Snapchat
You can actually choose a background of any color for your snaps. This is how you can do this!
- Open Snapchat and take a random picture
- Choose a sticker of your favorite color
- Zoom in on the sticker so that the whole screen is covered with your favorite color
- Now you can type texts, draw or have stickers on your colored background