Kids and teens love to use the new age of social media namely Snapchat and Instagram. A popular app among kids and teens is Snapchat which is used for photo and video sharing. Teenagers love to use Snapchat to share every moment of their life with their friends. Photos or snaps, as they are called in Snapchat, disappear in less than 10 seconds and this is what teenagers enjoy. But did you know that Snapchat dangers can influence your kids?
As a watchful parent, you need to be aware of the dangers of the social media that can affect your kids. Read these article to find out what are the potential Snapchat dangers for your kids and how you can safeguard them.
What are Snapchat dangers?
These are some of the things parents as well as kids need to consider when they want to use Snapchat:
- Snapchat is easy to use. Teenagers consider it as an easy way to keep in touch with their friends. This ease of use makes them use Snapchat every where and all the time. That is why parents need to talk to their kids about the correct and appropriate way of sing this social tool.
- Some teens may assume that as snaps disappear after 10 seconds, they are totally harmless and they are gone for good once they are deleted. But the truth is, people can always take screenshots from the snaps. Also, when something goes online, it will remain public forever.
- Photos and videos that are shared on Snapchat can be accessible by anyone. This could create the chance for people to save the photos and cyber-bully your kids later on.
- also, Snapchat saves all the data on its servers. So, if you are worried about the privacy of your personal data, you may need to think twice before you start using Snapchat.
What can parents do to protect their kids from Snapchat dangers
The first and the best thing parents need to do to protect their kids from Snapchat dangers is to talk to them about the appropriate use of social media. Kids need to be aware and careful about the type of media they are sending and receiving and always consider the consequences of their actions on the internet. Teenagers need to know that once they share a photo online, it will remain there forever and anyone can access it.
Today’s teens are technologically savvy. Let them teach you about the apps they like to use and ask them why they like to use them. Make sure teens understand that what they post now could have consequences later in life when they least expect it.
Monitor Snapchat with a parental monitoring tool
There are some monitoring applications out in the market that come with features that allow parents to keep an eye on their kids’ activities on social media. One of the best monitoring solutions for parents is Underspy which comes with Snapchat monitoring feature. Underspy allows parents to keep an eye on their kids and protect kids against Snapchat dangers. Here is how you can use Underspy to monitor your kids:
- Sign up to create an account
- Download and install the app on your target phone
- Start remote monitoring from your personal control panel