In February 2018 Snapchat offered a new update which made everyone disappointed and ever since, Snapchat users are looking for the way to reverse Snapchat update and go back to the old version. People are looking every where for the tutorial on how to downgrade Snapchat. If you are among them, you are in the right place. Here’s how Snapchat reverse update works.
Why people want to reverse Snapchat update?
Snapchat offered its worst-ever update in February 2018 which made many users frustrated.
In this update, Stories were accessed by swiping right to see the new ‘Friends’ page. On the Discover page – accessed by swiping rightwards – you could see content produced by brands, publications or professional content creators.
Many people find this update annoying and very difficult to deal with. Ever since this update, Snapchat offered a number of other update to redesign the app and provide users with what they want. But the Snapchat interface is still a mess and that is why Snapchat users want to reverse Snapchat update and go to the version before the February 2018 update.
Here are what was changed on that update:
– The stories page was gone
– Stories page merged with the chat page so everyone’s story was on your chat page
– You could add your story to the map
Until the February update of Snapchat, this social media has always mixed photos and videos from your friends with content from publishers and creators. But separating your friends’ Stories from the publishers’ Stories has produced some strange side-effects (such as fake news) and made us feel like we have to perform for our friends rather than just express ourselves.
That is why many users are looking for the way to reverse Snapchat update and downgrade it.
Reverse Snapchat update on Android
Simply put, what you need to do is to is to delete the existing version of Snapchat on your phone. Then what you have to do is to downgrade to the older version and turn off your auto-update to keep your app in the same old version. Here are the steps on what you’ll need to do:
- Uninstall Snapchat application from your phone
- Download an old version Snapchat (APK file) from the link below
- Install the old version on your phone and enjoy using the same old features
Reverse Snapchat update on iPhone
For iPhone, it is not possible to download the file of the Snapchat older versions. However, there is small trick that you can use to undo Snapchat update. Here are the steps you will need to take for that:
- Delete the Snapchat application from your iPhone
- Re-download the app from the App Store
- Install the app on your phone and type in your username and click “forgot password” instead of entering your password
- It will give you the option to reset your password with your email or phone number. This will only work with phone, so don’t select the email option
- Create a new password for your account
- Log in to your account with the new password
- You can see that you are back to the old version of Snapchat
What I need to mention here is that I have not tried this method by myself. But the feedback I have seen on the internet has been positive and it looks like that it works.
I hope you found this tutorial article useful. If you have any questions or any trouble downloading the file, please don’t hesitate to mention it in the comments section.