Instagram as one of the most popular social media platforms all around the world has provided lots of amazing features and options to improve users accessibility, however the ability to easily repost Instagram posts is not available yet.
Unlike Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, reposting an Instagram post means sharing someone’s photography so it might cause stealing by the mean users might share other’s photos and claim that they are the owners. Considering this there is no specific share button on Instagram posts that makes it straight to share content and reposting is not a feature provided to Instagram users officially.
Generally People enjoy visual contents and like to share them with others and there can be lots of different reasons you might want to repost Instagram content, whether it is yours or others. There are some different ways to repost Instagram posts and Stories. Here are some free methods and third party apps which can do the job.
Is it legal to repost other users Instagram content?
In case you want to repost someone else’s Instagram post whether it is a brand’s content or someone’s photographs, you sure have to obtain that person’s permission. Then, you can use an external app such as Repost for Instagram, Instarepost or many other available reposting apps for IOS and Android devices. You can also take a screenshot of the photo with your mobile device and repost content manually.
Always remember to make sure that you keep the repost content close to original as much as possible. In case you to add a logo or edits, you must ask users when you get permission to share their content and respect the user.
How to repost Instagram posts manually?
The absolute simplest way to repost Instagram posts or even Stories is taking screenshots. While the owners would not notify when you take a screenshot from their Instagram content. Here is how to manually repost Instagram photos.
1. Screenshot a photo on Instagram posts or Stories that you want to share on your profile. In case you want to repost an Instagram video you can screen record it with screen record apps or your device recorder or you can download and save the video to your device to post it later.
2. Select the camera button on Instagram and upload your screenshot as you upload existed photos or videos of your camera roll.
3. Resize the image so that only the image remains and exclude everything but the original photo by the mean the user’s caption or username be cropped. You can do this using the resize option within Instagram or you can do it on your camera roll before start sharing the post.
4. Add a caption and remember to credit the post owner within your caption. You better tag the specific account that you are using their Instagram content with @username structure. Here is some appropriate credit form to the owner.
- Credit: @username
- Image: @username
- Photo or video by: @username
- Product by: @username
- Designed by: @username
How to repost Instagram posts using third party apps?
Third party apps help you to repost and they include watermarks as @username credits for the owner of the post on the reposted photo. These apps are usually free while they might include ads. They are pretty straightforward and easy to use. Different apps have the almost same instruction. Here is how the process works with simple steps.
First download and install any of the available repost apps for Instagram and then follow the steps bellow.
- Launch Instagram.
- Find a post you want to repost on your profile.
- Make sure you ask owner’s permission.
- Tap the three-dots button in top corner of your desired post. As you click on the menu button of someone else’s post, you would go through three options:
- Copy Link
- Share on Messenger
Tap on the copy link to get the direct link of the selected post.
5. Open up repost app for Instagram on your phone and you should see the latest Instagram post you copied.
6. Tap on it when you are sure to share it.
7. Adjust settings filters and other possible variables and tap the repost button.
How to repost an Instagram post as a Story?
It is true that you can’t share another user’s post in your own Instagram account as a post but you always can share it as an Instagram Story. In case you like a post and you like it so much and you want to share it with your Instagram followers or close friends you can use this feature.
To share another user’s post in your Instagram Story follow the steps bellow.
- Install the latest version of Instagram on your device.
- Choose a post you like to share through your story.
- Click on the paper airplane icon under the selected post.
- Select “Add Post to Your Story.”
- Add text, filters or other decoration options such as rotate, move, scale the sticker, customize background, etc.
- Choose to share it with your followers or close friends. You also can send it directly through Instagram Direct.
Any user that view your Story can easily be leaded to your reposted post by tapping on it. The only limitation here is that you only can add posts of public accounts to your Stories.
You can do the same with your own Instagram posts. You want to remind something to your friends and you have already post it? Repost it to your Instagram Story to grab your follower’s attention. You also can announce your new shared post by reposting it on Story and asking your followers to tap on it and go through your post.
How to repost Instagram Stories?
You might have noticed that when you tag a user in your Story a message will appear that states “Mentioned users may repost this story for 24 hours.” This means that the person you have mentioned the account on your Story will get a notification via direct message and they are provided with a link to “Add This to Your Story.” They can simply tap on the link and the story will be shown in a preview to adjust texts, stickers, and more options.
When Story is finally reposted, Story viewers will see the original sharer username, and they can tap it to see that person’s profile.
How to share Instagram posts on other social medias?
In case you want to share an Instagram post to other social media platforms you should click the menu icon on one of your own Instagram posts. Then you can see these options.
- Turn Off Commenting
- Copy Link
- Share on Messenger
You should click “Share” option. On the appeared screen, write a caption and share your Instagram post on Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr.
How reposting on Instagram can be useful?
Since Instagram is used by nearly half of all brands and generates high customer engagement shareable content is an important element to a successful Instagram marketing strategy, but on Instagram it’s not so simple. Being able to repost Instagram content is essential to sharing branded, co-marketed ones.
It is an excellent strategy for marketing business while it helps you build community and generate sales on Instagram.
Partnering with other brands on Instagram are beneficial for growing audience and user engagements. If you repost your partners’ content, you can get your content reposted in front of others by your partner and it can be useful in grabbing customers and larger your audiences.