Has it ever happened that you shoot video from your smartphone and while watching it later you notice there is a lot of disturbance in the audio? Or maybe you just want to keep the video and don’t require the audio in it? Well, that can be hard as you cannot disable recording the audio while recording the video. But still, you can remove audio from video even after you are done recording it.
The best way to remove the sound from video is to use a video editing program. There are many video editing programs out there which you can make use of them.
How to Remove Audio from Video?
There are various apps available for both iPhone and Android devices using which you can remove the audio or background noises completely from any video you desire. And here we are going to show you how can you do that. So let’s jump to the methods.
1. Remove Audio from Video on Windows
Windows has no built-in software to properly remove audio from a video. So, we are going to use a free software called HandBrake.
- Download HandBrake, install it like any other Windows software and open it.
- Once opened, drag and drop the video from which you want to remove the audio. Alternatively, select the option “Open Files,” navigate to the location where you’ve saved the video. Then, select it and click on the “Open” button.
- Now, select the resolution from the right-hand side of the window. If you are not sure, select the source video resolution. For example, select “Fast 480p 30fps.”
- Go to the “Audio” tab and click on the little “X” icon next to the audio stream.
- The above action will remove the audio stream. Now, click on the “Start Encode” button.
- As soon as you click on the button, HandBrake will start the removal and conversion process. Just sit back and wait. Once done, you will see the process completed message at the bottom of the window. You can find the processed video in the output folder.
You can find the output file location in the under the Destination section in the same window.
2. Remove Audio from Video on Mac
On Mac, you can remove audio from video using iMovie. However, the process is pretty complicated for such a simple task. So, we are going to use a free and lightweight software called MPEG Streamclip.
That is it. Within a few minutes, MPEG will remove audio from the video. You can find the processed video at your chosen destination.
- Download MPEG Streamclip and install it. After installing, open it. Now, select “File” and then “Open Files.” Navigate to where you’ve stored the video and select it.
- The above action will open the video in MPEG Streamline. To remove the audio we need to export it. So, go to “File” and select the export format. Since you are on a Mac, QuickTime would be the most sensible choice. That being said, you can choose whichever format you like. In my case, I chose “QuickTime”.
- In the next screen, select “No Sound” from the drop-down menu next to “Sound” and click on the “Make Movie” button.
- You will be prompted to give a name to the file and select the destination. Do that and click on the “Save” button.
3. Remove Audio From Video On Android
- For this purpose, we are going to use, Video Sound Editor app by AndroTechMania. You can download this app from Play Store for free. Once it’s installed open the application and you are ready to remove audio track from video on Android mobile.
- On the main dashboard of the app select Mute Video option. This will take you to the device gallery where all the available videos will be shown. Select the video from which you want to remove the audio.
- If you want, then you can also trim the video by dragging the slider or inputting the starting and ending time manually. Tap on the gear and clock icon for doing so.
- Once satisfied with the timings, tap on the tick mark icon at the top right corner. It will ask whether to mute the audio with trim or without trim. Select as desired and press OK.
- After this, it will show the progress bar and once it reaches 100% your video is ready. You can even share it to multiple social and messaging platforms just from this app itself. Or check it inside the gallery under the folder named MuteVideos.
Not only muting the video, but this app will also allow you to add audio or music to the video you may want.
4. Remove Audio from Video on iPhone
If you are on an iPhone, you would be glad to know that you do not even need an extra app from removing the audio from your video. You can just use the iMovie app which Apple already provides, to do the job perfectly.
- First, open the Photos app and pick out the video which needs to be edited.
- Next, click on the “Edit” button or the icon showcasing 3 sliders.
- This should open up the editing mode, from which you should click on the bottom icon with the 3 dots and from there, select iMovie.
- Once in iMovie, just simply toggle the sound icon just beneath the time slider and you should be having a video with its audio taken out.
- Next hit “Done”, and you’re good to go.
Don’t worry, we are aware that the old iPhones do not come with iMovie and given its large size. It can be a hassle to download it from the App Store just for this simple thing. If you are using an old iPhone, we’ve got you covered too.
Remove Audio from Video on Old iPhones?
We are going to use a completely free app called “Mute Video.”
- So head on to the App Store and download it, or you could simply download it from here.
- Next, open up the app and you should be greeted with a library of all the videos from your phone.
- Select the video which you want to remove the sound from.
- After opening your video, you should see a Volume Slider or adjuster. Adjust the volume accordingly; in this case, we are going to slide it all the way to the left i.e. completely mute the audio.
- Hit “Save”, and you’re done.
Although iMovie does offer a lot more features and is overall a more polished app than Mute Video, it’s just more practical to use Mute Video if one is looking just to remove the audio from a video.
Though there are other apps available for the same purpose these apps were the smallest and actually did a pretty good job in removing the audio from the video. Just a few clicks and the work is done. The only things that may irritate you are the advertisements, but there is nothing we can do to stop that. You can also remove audio from video on your iPhone using
Video Mute – Remove Clip Audio application.
Hope this article be useful for you. If you face any problem share it with us in a comment. If you also want to learn how to convert video to mp3 we have discussed it in another article that you can refer to you.