Snapchat is now one of the biggest and most popular social media apps. People love to use Snapchat filters to take selfies and share disappearing snaps with their friends. But if you no longer want to use this application on your mobile phone, it is advised that you delete Snapchat account before you remove the application from your phone. This will eliminate the chance that someone would hack Snapchat account when you don’t have the application installed on your device. But is there a way to retrieve Snapchat account if you have deleted it? In this article, I will show you how you can recover Snapchat account if you have deleted it. So read along if you are looking for a way to recover Snapchat password or account.
Why do you need to recover Snapchat account?
Usually a Snapchat account is closed, deleted, or stolen, it is preferable to recover the same old account, especially if the user has a large number of followers and friends and his/her account. This is while entering a new account after you have deleted the account on Snapchat or has been locked or hacked, you must start from scratch to restore popularity and followers as in the old account, and thus will need to take all the way to get all the followers back and earn back your Snapchat scores.
How to unlock Snapchat account?
Because of the new update of the Snapchat application, you may have face the problem of getting your account locked because you are using unsupported versions. Snapchat locks accounts when suspicious activity is detected. So if you are having the same problem, what you need to do is to download the old version of Snapchat and install it on your phone.This will help you to recover Snapchat account and be able to open it without a problem. Sorry, you are using Snapchat or an operating system that is no longer supported.
Recover Snapchat account via mobile number
How to recover Snapchat password with mobile number
Many Snapchat users have the problem of forgetting their password on Snapchat. What you need to know is that the original Snapchat application does not provide a password recovery service to the users to Reset their password. This is because on this application, you take the registration process only once and you do not need to register or enter the password on the application for every entry process. so what many users do is that they create a new account on Snapchat when they forget the password to the old account.
Now I will explain to you how to recover your password when you forget your account password on Snapchat without the need to use any restore password service:
- When you have created your Snapchat account you should have activated your mobile number or email address to use this recover Snapchat account password method.
- If you have activated the mobile number you can restore your password and your account on Snapchat through the phone number only.
- Access the Snapchat application from your phone and sign in by typing your username.
- Then click on the “Forgot your password?” option.
- After that, you will see two options either by sending the access code to your mobile number or by e-mail, select Send code to phone number.
- The screen will show you the confirmation that you are not a robot.
- Then enter the phone number you wish to send the code to. You need to enter the phone number that you have previously used to create your Snapchat account.
- Now it will give you two options either to receive the code via an SMS message or by making a call.
- After successfully entering the code sent to the phone number, you will be asked to write a new password and confirm it so that you can login to your account on Snapchat.
Recover Snapchat account which is hacked or stolen
There are many methods you can use to protect your Snapchat account from hackers, but still you may have faced the problem that your account is stolen by someone or is hacked. So how can we recover Snapchat account if it is hacked or stolen?
- In order to recover a stolen Snapchat account you need to log in to the Snapchat support page.
- After entering the Snapchat link you will see the main interface, choose the option “I need help” as indicated.
- It will take you to a set of options which are problems you encounter while using Snapchat you may want to solve, now select the item you are having trouble logging in to your account as indicated i have a login issue.
- Then you will be taken to another set of options, click on the item you are unable to login, “I cant login to Snapchat”.
- It will also take you to a set of options. Select the item you think you are hacked, “I think my account was hacked”.
- Now you will be presented with a set of questions that confirm that you need help and you still can not access your account.
- Now you will need to fill out the required data with your account username and the email address you wish to communicate with.
- You are then asked to enter the e-mail address you entered while creating the account.
- Then enter your last login date.
- Now that you have provided someone with information about your account to a third party or entered from someone else’s application in this space type “no I didn’t”.
- Then ask to describe your problem here type “my account was hacked”.
- Finally, make sure you are not a robot and then click the end to send your request.
- You have completed sending a request to help you recover your hacked account. Now you should check your email address to get in touch with you.
This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic)