Instagram is one of the biggest social media apps with millions of users from around the world. This social media app is more popular than many other similar apps and it is growing rapidly. Whether you have a business Instagram account or a personal one, chances are that you have been so attached to your Instagram account because it is your source fun or source of income. Now if your Instagram account gets disabled, one must go through a lot of pain to get it back. So what can you do to recover hacked Instagram account easily? In what follows, I will show you some easy methods you can use to get your hacked Instagram account back.
Why Instagram accounts get hacked?
Instagram is becoming more popular than ever before and this popularity may also convince scammers to try to hack popular Instagram accounts. One scam is to hack into an Instagram account, change the login credentials and then ask for a ransom from the owner of the account. Also, if you have an Instagram account with a huge lot of Instagram followers, you are more prone to getting hacked because scammers can sell your Instagram account in the black market for a good price. So, if this has happened to you and you would like to recover hacked Instagram account, you have a couple of options you can use to get your account back.
Recover hacked Instagram account
Many people are looking for the fastest and easiest ways to recover Instagram account, but the truth is, there is no trick or shortcut to it. If your Instagram account is disabled because you have had violations or if your account is no longer in your reach because someone else has taken over it, there are some steps you need to take to get it back and IT TAKES TIME. That is why I advise you to be patient and follow the steps carefully. Here is what you need to do.
If you can still login to your account
You might have been noticing suspicious behaviour in your Instagram account. For example, you might see posts that have not posted or any other sort of activity which you have not done.
If this is the case, you can start by checking if you can login to your account or not. If you can, what you need to do is to immediately change your password. I also advise you to change your email password as well. This is because if someone have managed to access your Instagram account, they probably have access to your email as well. Another great thing to do to safeguard your account is to turn on two factor authentication for Instagram.
If you can’t login to your account
If you have tried to login to your account but it doesn’t work, try a password recovery for your Instagram account. See if you can change Instagram password with one of the recovery methods you have defined before.
If it doesn’t work, this means that the email associated with your Instagram account has been changed. At this point, you will need to contact Instagram support to recover hacked Instagram account. Here are the steps you will need to take:
- Go to Instagram Help Center page and you will see a form
- In the first section “whose account is hacked?” choose “My account”
- In the second section choose “no” which means that you can’t log in to your account with your email
- Enter the email address which is something other than your Instagram email
- Type down your username for the hacked account
- Enter the email address you used to set up the account which is hacked. Choose the option “This account includes pictures of me”.
- Click on “Someone I don’t know”.
- For how they accessed my account you can put “Not sure”.
After completing these steps you will receive an email asking you to send some information to confirm the account is yours. After your requested is processed, your can recover hacked Instagram account after 24 to 72 hours.
How to protect your Instagram account from hackers
If you are reading this article for prevention, good for you. Prevention is the key to keep you social media accounts safe. In order to make sure that your Instagram account is completely safe and hackers won’t be able to steal if from you, you can follow these tips:
- The first and the most important thing you should do is to set a strong password for you account. A strong password is usually a combination of letters, numbers and symbols chosen randomly. Also, it is always advisable to choose a password different from passwords to your other accounts on the internet.
- Change your password regularly. This will greatly decrease the chance for hackers to manage to access your Instagram account.
- Turn on two factor authentication for your Instagram account to add an extra layer of security to your account.
- Never and under no circumstances give your Instagram password to someone you don’t know.
- Make sure that your email is safe. Because if someone can access your email, they can access your Instagram account as well.
- If you share a computer with someone and you use it to login to your account, make sure to log out of your account every time you don’t want to use your account. Also, make sure to uncheck the Remember me box when you login to your account.