WhatsApp is definitely the most popular instant messenger around the world. WhatsApp now boasts 1 billion active users and this shows how widely popular this instant messenger is. If you are into instant messaging, you probably have a WhatsApp account on your mobile phone. WhatsApp features are all numerous and great which allows you to have fun while chatting with your friends. If you are a WhatsApp user, you probably have the experience of deleting a message or a chat history and you later regret it. But is it possible to recover deleted WhatsApp messages? In this article, I will show you how you can easily do that.
Recover deleted WhatsApp messages
The easiest way to recover deleted WhatsApp messages is to uninstall WhatsApp application from your device once and then reinstall it. On instant messengers such as Telegram, you won’t be able to recover Telegram deleted chats but in WhatsApp this is not the case. In WhatsApp, you are able to recover your messages which are not older than a week. Here is how you can recover WhatsApp messages:
- Uninstall WhatsApp application from your phone.
- Reinstall WhatsApp application on your phone
- After you have entered your phone number and click on ‘Restore’.
Using these three easy steps to simply recover deleted WhatsApp messages and images. What you need to know is that this method will help you to recover your messages from a week ago and this method will work only if you have activated WhatsApp backup on your account. If backup is not activated for your account, you won’t be able to recover your chat history.
WhatsApp creates a backup from your chats on a daily basis, and you might not be able to recover deleted whatsApp messages from a day ago. If this is the case for you, you don’t need to worry. In the next section, I will explain how to solve this problem.
Recover deleted WhatsApp messages older than a week
In order to restore deleted WhatsApp messages which are older than a week, you will need to go to the files in your SD card and find WhatsApp folder. (Go to sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases). When you go to WhatsApp Database, you will see a number of file with the same name followed by a date. Now here is what you need to do to restore your chats:
- One of the files in your WhatsApp data base is ‘msgstore.db.crypt’. you will need to rename this file.
- Look at the files and the dates. Choose the file which says the date you will need your messages and rename the file to msgstore.db.crypt.
- Now uninstall your whatsApp application
- Reinstall WhatsApp and click on restore
Using this simple method, you will be able to restore deleted WhatsApp chat history older than a week.
Recover deleted WhatsApp messages without backup
If you have deleted your WhatsApp chat history and now regret it, WhatsApp allows you to recover your messages by its backup feature. But as the backup feature on WhatsApp is optional, you might not have activated it. So what can be done if there is no backup and you would like to restore your chats? The solution to this problem is an Android Recovery application which is able to recover deleted information from your android device. Here are the steps you need to take to recover deleted WhatsApp messages without backup:
- Download and install an Android recovery application on your device
- Turn on USB debugging on your phone
- Connect your phone to computer via a USB cable
- Analyze your device and scan for deleted WhatsApp Messages on your phone
- Recover deleted WhatsApp chat messages and documents from the files you have found