For many of us Skype is the first and the best tool to make calls through internet connection. Skype-to-Skype calls are free and that is why people use this app to make calls with people from around the world. It is also a safe tool for making calls as you can be sure no one would be able to spy on Skype accounts. Now you might have any number of reasons for looking for a way to record Skype voice or video calls. If you use the right tool, it’s not hard to record the calls. But as there is no universal solution to this, you will need to find the best tool for your specific platform. In this article, I will introduce some of the best tools you can use to record Skype calls. Read along to find out more.
Record Skype calls on Windows
Assuming that you have the latest version of Skype installed on your computer, you can use these apps to record Skype voice or video calls on Windows.
MP3 Skype Recorder
The easiest way to record calls on Skype is by using an app called MP3 Skype Recorder. This application is entirely free but it can be used to record the audio calls only. Here is how you can use this app to record audio calls on Skype.
- Download MP3 Skype Recorder from the link provided below
- Install and run the application
- Confirm all the settings so that the green “On” button in the top left-hand corner is highlighted
Now all you need to do is to make a call on Skype and this software will automatically record all the calls.
Evaer is another simple application that can be used to record Skype calls. You can use the free version of this app to record video calls of up to 5 minutes. If you would like to record longer videos, you will need to purchase the premium version for $20. Here are the steps you need to take in order to use this app.
- Download Evaer from the link below
- Run the installer and Evaer will automatically open
- Close the app and reopen it. Evaer will ask you to grant permission
- Now once you make a Skype call, a record button will appear on the top left corner of the screen. Click the button to start recording
The recording should appear in the Evaer window, under the name of the Skype user with whom you were chatting. You can open the file, rename it, or upload it.
There are many apps available on the market that are designed to record video calls on Skype. But some of them may not even work. Also, some of these apps may not be able to record with an optimum quality. If you are looking for a way to record Skype video calls without trouble, you can use a screen recorder tool. One of the best screen recorder apps you can use for this purpose is Bandicam. Here are all the steps you need to take in order to record Skype calls with Bandicam.
- Download Bandicam from the link below and install it on your computer
- Open the app and click on the rectangle icon next to the game pad icon. This is the screen recording menu
- You are in the screen recording mode and a black frame will appear around the edge of your screen. When you begin to record, everything inside this frame will be recorded.
- Open Skype and click on REC on the upper right corner of the frame and the app will start recording everything on your screen
- Open Bandicam and you will see a file destination. Click on Open to view your recorded file
Record Skype calls on MacOS
If you want to record Skype voice or video calls on you Mac device, these applications are great options that you can choose from.
ECamm Call Recorder ($30)
If you want to record Skype calls on your Mac device, the best option is to use Ecamm. This application is not free of charge but you can use a 7-day free trial before you purchase the application.
- Download ECamm Skype recorder from the link below
- Install the application on your device
- Launch Skype and you will see a small window opening with it too
- Click on the red button to start recording your conversation
Don’t want to pay for a Skype call recording application? You can use Apple’s built-in screen recorder application. QuickTime, which is Apple’s video player, comes with a screen recording feature s well. It is in fact a great tool for recording web videos along with Skype calls.
All you need to do is to launch QuickTime, click “File” in the menu bar, and click “New Screen Recording” to record any section of the screen.
I hope you found this tutorial article useful. If you have any further questions, please do notify me in the comments section.