Pinterest is a visual social media platform with 200 million monthly users. Statistics show that Pinterest has a lot of potentials for your business as it is a great place to introduce your brand and welcome new customers. If you do not have a business strategy to use Pinterest for business, you are definitely missing out on a large number of potential customers. Here is how you can set up a business account on Pinterest and get the most out of it.
Why use Pinterest for business?
Pinterest is a social media like Facebook or Instagram, however, users use Pinterest for a different reason. Pinterest users usually look for ideas to plan their purchases. It hasn’t been long since Pinterest introduced business accounts and now brands are jumping on board by creating a business accounts or by converting their personal account to a business one. There are many reasons why Pinterest can be a great tool for your business:
- Pinterest has two sets of terms and conditions for its personal and business users. This media is supportive of the B2B and B2C potential of businesses using their platform, so make sure to use a business account on Pinterest.
- Pinterest has recently set new resources for businesses which shows that this social media is ready to work with brands.
- This media has a landing page and a set of new tools which are designed for business owners.
- You can now enter your brand’s name in the registration step.
How to set up a Pinterest for business account?
If you’d like to use Pinterest for your business, it is absolutely important to set up a business account on Pinterest. This is because business accounts on Pinterest offer business-specific features like analytics and Pinterest advertising. If you already have a personal account, you can easily convert it to a business account. Here are the steps to create a Pinterest for business account:
Create your business account
- Open Pinterest business page and click on Join as a business.
- Type in your email address, password, business name, and website, and choose which category your business falls into: professional, public figure, media, brand, retailer, online marketplace, local business, institution/non-profit, or other.
Complete your profile
- Login to your Pinterest business account that you have created, navigate to your profile and click on Settings.
- Scroll down to the profile section, upload a profile photo, complete the About you section, add your business location and click on Save settings.
Confirm your website
- Scroll down in the Settings menu and click on Confirm website.
- Copy and paste the provided text into the HTML of your website’s index page.
- Click on Finish.
Confirming your website will allow you to see what people Pin from your website, and adds your logo to any Pins made from your site.
Now that you have successfully created a Pinterest for business account, you can go on to share and organize your content.
- Enter your profile and click on the Boards tab. Click on the red plus sign to create a new board.
- Enter a name for your board. Try to use descriptive and compelling language of maximum 20 characters.
- Click on the pencil icon to enter more details about your board.
- Enter a description for your board and choose a category for it.
now that you have set up your boards, you can start pinning photos to your boards. An easy way to manage your pins is to install Pinterest browser button. This will allow you to pin anything on the web with a few clicks. You will just need to click on the Pinterest button on your web browser to pin something on the web.
Tips and tactics to use Pinterest for business
As I previously mentioned, Pinterest is a great way to promote your business. Here are some tips and tactics that can help you to get the most out of Pinterest for business:
Use trending topics and keywords
Finding trending topics and keywords on Pinterest can help you choose which content is better for pinning. When you use trending topics in your Pinterest business account, you make yourself more discoverable on Pinterest.
Add the Pin it button to your website
Have ever stumbled upon a photo on a website with a little Pin it button? This button allows users to directly pin a photo from a website to their pin boards. Adding this button to the photos on your website will allow users to share your content more easily.
Focus on the visuals
Pinterest is mainly about the visual content, so it is completely worth it to create photos with great quality. If you do not have the skill to create images of your own, you can use stock photography websites.
Use Rich Pins
Rich Pins are enhanced pins which include information beyond the image itself. For example, Rich Pins for articles include a headline, the name of the author, the date the article was published, and a description. There are four types of Rich Pins you can use on your Pinterest for business:
- Article pins
- Product pins
- Recipe pins
- App pins
Use Pinterest ads
A great way to get your pins explored by more people on Pinterest is to use promoted pins. Depending on the topic and keywords used, Pinterest advertising can be pretty affordable … Some users will see your ad and re-pin it.