Our smart phones are now becoming an integral part of our daily lives and the fear of losing them has haunted us all. So what can we do if our smart phone is lost or stolen? You may ask yourself “Can I track the location of a cell phone?”. Fortunately, there are a great number of cell phone tracker apps which claim they can do this for you. But to what extent they are successful to do so might always be a question. That is why I have decided to provide you with a tutorial on how to track mobile phone with a mobile tracker easily. I will examine 5 different methods you can use to track a cell phone free.
Method 1: Track a mobile with Underspy mobile tracker
One of the most reliable and most efficient methods one can use to track mobile phone and even track a cell phone location without them knowing is by using Underspy. Underspy is a professional spy tool which comes with a mobile tracker feature and is able to track a mobile device remotely and anonymously. This monitoring tool has proven to be one of the best choices when it comes to cell phone tracking.
Why Underspy is the best mobile tracker app?
As I mentioned earlier, there are a great number of monitoring tools available on the market but in order to have the best results, you need to choose a mobile tracker which is reliable and is able to track a cell phone in real time. Underspy mobile tracker is one of the best tools you can choose if you want to track a lost or stolen device or track someone’s location. Here are some of the tracking features you can have with Underspy application:
- Accurate location tracking
- Track a mobile phone in real time
- Remotely lock the device to prevent data theft
- Change the password remotely
- Ring the device remotely (very helpful if the device is lost somewhere in the house)
- Send a command to take a photo with front or rear camera
- Take a photo from the front camera when a wrong password is entered on the device
- Remotely wipe the device
- Retrieve calls, messages and contacts
- Forward calls and text messages
- Works online with internet connection or offline with SMS
Another great point about Underspy is that it is not just a tool for tracking a cell phone location. In fact, Underspy is a software package with a variety of monitoring features. Here are some of the most practical features of Underspy:
- Track and record calls
- View all incoming and outgoing text messages
- Track GPS location
- Record ambient sound
- Monitor phone gallery
- Monitor messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, LINE, imo, etc
- View web browser history and block specific websites
- Monitor installed applications and block specific apps
How to use Underspy mobile tracker?
It is absolutely fast and easy to start using Underspy to track mobile phones. All you need to do is to take the following steps:
- Create an account on the official Underspy website and purchase a subscription
- download the application and install it on the target device
- Start monitoring the device from your control panel
In order to guarantee its service, Underspy offers a two-day free trial account. In order to get an initial test account, contact the support team on Underspy.com.
Method 2: Track iPhone with Find My iPhone
Find My iPhone is the built-in mobile tracker for iPhone. Apple’s Find My iPhone feature is a free tool which allows you to easily locate your lost or stolen device. You can track down your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac from anywhere in case it has some sort of internet connection. You can track iPhone location for free by using Find My iPhone.
It is quite simple to set up Find My iPhone. All you need to do is to follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your iPhone
- Open iCloud
- Select Find My iPhone and tap on the slider to switch it on
Once you are done setting up your Find My iPhone, you can start tracking your device which is linked to your iCloud.
What can ‘Find My iPhone’ do?
Here are some of the functionalities of iPhone’s built-in mobile tracker:
- Find the exact location of your iPhone on a map.
- Play Sound feature plays an audible sound which makes it easy for you to locate your device.
- Lost mode will ask you to type in a phone number to be displayed on the screen of your lost device.
- Erase feature allows you to remotely erase all your data on your phone. This feature ensures you that you personal data won’t fall into wrong hands.
- Find the shortest driving route to your iPhone.
Find My iPhone is definitely a great feature your mobile device but in order to use this feature to track someone’s location, you will definitely need to have their Apple ID credentials which might be difficult to access. Also, Find My iPhone works only if the device is connected to the internet. So, if your device is lost or stolen and there is no internet connection of any sort, Find My iPhone would be totally useless.
Method 3: Use Android Device Manager
Android Device Manager is the built-in mobile tracker feature of Android phones which can be used to track a lost or stolen device. If you have a Google account on your Android device, you can use this feature to track cell phone location free. Android Device Manager has 4 main features which are all great for tracking purposes:
- Displays the last known location on map
- Rings the phone even if it is on silent mode or vibrate
- Allows you to set up a remote screen lock
- Enables you to wipe out content remotely
In order to be able to use this feature of Android devices to Track GPS location, location services must be turned on on the Android device. This means that if the location services is off, you cannot use this feature to track a mobile phone. Also, much like Find My iPhone, the device needs to have some sort of internet connection if you want to use to track mobile phone. In addition, if you want to use Android Device Manager as a mobile tracker to track someone’s location, you need to have access to their Google account in order to use it as an Android phone tracker.
Method 4: Use Samsung Find My Phone
Tracking a Samsung device is as fast and as easy to track an iPhone. In order to track Android devices for free you need to install an application. But Samsung devices come with a built-in mobile tracker feature which allows you to track phone location free. All you need in order to use Find My Phone is a Samsung account. Here is how you can create a Samsung account. Go to Android Settings > Account > Add Account and choose Samsung Account. Now login to your account with Samsung ID and password. Find My Phone can be used as a great mobile tracker on Samsung devices and it offers a number of great phone tracking features. Here are some of them:
- Locate the most recent location of the device
- Lock the device remotely
- Ring the device to be able to locate it more easily
- Call/message forwarding
- Retrieve call logs
- Wipe the device remotely
Find My Phone can be used as a great mobile tracker but it has the same problem as other services as internet connection is required to locate the device. Also, you will need to have Samsung account credentials to track someone’s location.
Method 5: Consult your phone operator
If your mobile phone is lost or stolen and all of the above-mentioned methods have left you with no results, the final step is to contact your service provider and ask them for help. The positive point about this methods is that you will not need to install anything on your device, but this method is not without its downsides as well. Phone operators will usually provide you with an approximate location of your device and also the process of getting help can be too time consuming and cumbersome.
If you’d like track someone’s location without them knowing or you are just too afraid of losing your device, the best option for you is Underspy application which is a great tool for location tracking and monitoring.