Facebook pages enable you to provide your fans and costumers with information and increase their accessibility. Facebook pages are good means to draw users attention to what you are presenting while there many useful features that can help you to do so. If you have multiple of them you can always merge Facebook pages to keep all of your fans and customers in one place, and have more control over your contents and communications.
Merging Facebook pages requirement
According to Facebook help center you can only merge Facebook Pages if the desired pages have the conditions below.
- You must have “Admin” access for the Pages you wish to merge them.
- The Pages must have similar content and represent the same things.
- The Pages must have similar names. Similar does not mean the exactly same names but it means that the name be common in most of the containing letters. The pages name must not be totally different.
- If the pages names are dissimilar and you wish to merge them you can always, change the name of one of the Pages by going to the page, clicking Edit and Update Page Info. Keep in mind that you can only change the page’s name if it has less than 200 likes.
- The Pages must have the same address if they have physical location.
How to claim a Facebook page is yours?
In case there are multiple Facebook pages with your business name, you can always merge them with your main page but first you will need to prove you own the business if you have not created those pages and they are fake by the mean. Here is how to claim the pages that are using your business.
- Go to the particular page that is using your business.
- On the top right under the cover photo tap on “Is this your business?”
- If you have access to the business phone number choose “Verify by Phone,” to claim the specific Facebook page. Then you will receive an authorization code from Facebook that verifies the page is yours.
- You can also verify the Facebook page with business documents that are asked on the screen. As soon as you send them Facebook will review your case and decide that you own the page or not.
If you have given access to someone else to manage your Facebook page and you want to get it back for any reason you can always report that the person is using your property by following the steps below you can claim your page.
- Go to the particular Facebook page.
- Tap the three dot icon under the cover photo.
- Scroll down and click on the “Report Page”.
- Select the last option “I think it’s an unauthorized use of my intellectual property” .
- Click Submit.
- Choose one of the options that best fits your situation.
- Tap continue.
- Read appeared options and choose the one is proper for you.
- Tap submit.
How to merge Facebook pages step by step?
In case the pages that you have decide to merge have the requirement mentioned above you can merge them by following the instruction below step by step.
- Choose the page that has more likes and go to it as an admin.
- Click edit page settings option.
- At the bottom of the menu click the “Merge duplicate Pages” link.
- Choose and confirm the Pages that you want to merge from the list of duplicated pages. Check the box next to the page’s name.
- Tap on merge and be patient until Facebook confirm or reject your request.
How to merge business Facebook pages?
If you have business pages you can merge them through Facebook merge website by following the steps below.
- Visit the Facebook www.Facebook.com/pages/merge Request.
- Select the two pages you want to merge from the appeared list.
- Click the Continue button.
- Click Request Merge.
What happen to the Facebook merged pages?
If your Pages be merged on Facebook then users who like your Pages will be combined with the main page. However posts, photos, reviews, ratings and the page’s username will be deleted from merged one. The main Page that you have chosen to keep will remain in touched, and only the fans would be added to it.
Frequent questions and answers
The page that hast the most likes would remain and other pages would merge into it and would be deleted permanently.
The pages that are going to be merged would lose all the posts and content so in case you need them you must save them before merging. You must download the media content and copy the important text to keep them or transfer them to the main page after merging cause this is not going to happen automatically.
Whether you are using the Facebook page directly or you are going through Facebook merging website if the option is not available, then it means that Facebook does not detect any Pages that are eligible for merging. Make sure you have checked the merge requirement mentioned above in this article before you start the process.
When you merge two Facebook pages all the fans and check ins would transfer to the main page.
Posts and likes are not going to be moved to the main page and they would be deleted permanently, however fans and follower would be added to the main page after merging.
The merge request answer can be confirmed or rejected through 48 hours.
The answer to your merge request would be sent to you through the email address that is associated with your Facebook account.
As soon as pages are merged all of them would be deleted permanently but the main page. So it is not possible to unmerge two Facebook pages.
You can not Merge or delete pages if you are not the owner or admin of the page. But you can always claim a duplicated page using the methods mention above in this article.
The pages you want to merge must have similar names. You can always rename your pages through the setting before merging.
NO. Once the merge process is done you would no longer have access to the merged pages since they are deleted permanently.
Check the merging requirement mentioned earlier. If you are sure that you can merge the particular pages and you still are not able to do it contact the Facebook help center to ask for solutions.
You can only request to merge two Facebook pages, you can not merge multiple page at the same time.