You have probably heard of bloggers or YouTubers who earn a sum of money through the content that they produce. The same story is happening on Instagram and there are people who actually make money on Instagram through their posts.
Instagram has now managed to become one of the most popular social media apps among people of different ages and this has made people look at Instagram as a potential source of revenue.
Either you want to build an empire on Instagram or you just want to earn some extra cash through your posts, there are some guidelines you need to follow in order to get your hands on some revenue. Here are some tips and tricks you can consider if you are thinking about making money on Instagram.
Is it possible to make money on Instagram?
The answer to this question is definitely yes. You can earn money right from your Instagram account.
Many enthusiast Instagrammers are looking for new ways to earn money from Instagram and you might also be one of them.
So, if that’s possible to make money on Instagram, how can we actually do that? What is the mystery in what many Instagram users do to earn a great sum of money through their accounts?
Statistics show that there are 2 million monthly advertisers on Instagram and time spent on Instagram increases 80 percent every year. These numbers show a great revenue potential for the ones who see this as an opportunity to focus on sponsored posts for brands.
How many followers do you need to make money on Instagram?
Making money on Instagram might not need as many followers as you might think. The truth is, it largely depends on how engaged your followers are. For example, 1k fake Instagram followers will do no good to you as faked followers will not get engaged with what you offer through your Instagram posts.
There are many apps to get Instagram followers or likes. But what you need to know is that none them will do you any good if you are aiming at earning money from Instagram. So, real followers who are engaged with your posts are the key to your success. So, to give you a number, a small but engaged followers of 1000 could be a good start for you to make money on Instagram.
Methods to make money on Instagram
Before I go on to explain methods you can use to earn money from Instagram, I must say your success largely depends on how unique your content is and how committed and engaged your audience is. So, these methods may apply to you based on what you offer and who views it. Here are some of the ways you can make money from Instagram:
- Doing sponsored posts for brands
- Becoming an affiliate and make commission selling for brand products
- Selling a product or offering a paid service
- Selling your photos
The noteworthy point here is that you can follow up any one of these methods along with the other one.
Tips to be successful on Instagram
Success on Instagram business depends o implementing tactics that helps you to get the most out of this application. Here are so of the do’s and don’ts you can follow:
- Embrace Instagram Business: Did you know there are two types of Instagram accounts? Personal and business accounts. Instagram business account was launched in 2016 and if you want to earn money by selling goods on Instagram, you definitely need to use Instagram business account.
- Master filters and photography: The effect of filters on your Instagram photos should not be underestimated. Studies show that favourite Instagram filters are: Clarendon, Juno, Valencia, Gingham, and Lark.
- Use the power of viral stories: If you want to drive more followers to your Instagram account, don’t forget to create posts which are inspired by viral stories. Try to design and publish them between your product posts.
- Follow Instagram rules:It is recommended to post 1 to 2 times per day, so you won’t overwhelm your followers. The ideal length of an Instagram caption is between 138 to 150 characters and the optimal number of hashtags is between 5 to 10. You don’t want to spam your Instagram account with a great lot of unrelated hashtags.