While most of us tend to focus on data protection and recovery, we want to talk about data that you certainly do not want to come back from the dead. Here in this article we introduce how to delete data and make them unrecoverable on our computer.
Usually when you delete a file, it can still be recovered through different means. But sometimes you deleted a sensitive file and certainly don’t want to be recovered and seen by someone else. In these cases you need to know how securely delete files on your windows.
Make our data unrecoverable? Is it really possible?
Making the files unrecoverable manually is just like looking for water on Mars, which is known to be there but nowhere to be found. So, in order to b sure what is deleted stays unrecoverable, you need a third-party software.
Your deleted files stay unrecoverable in Windows, be sure!
Using a third-party software, as we mentioned earlier, is the only way to be sure about it. Advanced System Optimizer is one of the best software that can solve this problem with your deleted files.
Let’s see how it makes this possibility for you. Now follow the steps below to make your files unrecoverable on your computer:
- Advanced System Optimizer, download and install it.
- It will launch on your screen, after installing.
- Tap Security & Privacy from the left panel.
- Click on Secure Delete which locates under Security & Privacy.
- Another window with the header Secure Delete will open.
You will also get four tabs to select from where you want to remove the files.
- Files & Folders: It will help you to select a particular file or folder to permanently delete files on Windows
- Recycle Bin: Securely delete files from Recycle Bin
- Drive: Select the drive that you want to erase
- Settings: Change the settings of drive and also the mode of wiping the data.
Files & Folders
- You will get a button to Select Files in the left panel, click on it.
- As you go further, you will get to select file/folder that you want to delete securely.
- Select the files you want, from Add File or Add Folder.
- You click Next, it will take your confirmation to securely delete the files by asking you to punch in a three-digit code.
- Click Next, when the files are permanently deleted on Windows, click Finish.
You can use this tab in order to permanently delete files of Recycle Bin on Windows.
- You click on Recycle Bin tab on Secure Delete window.
- Now click on Start Scan Now button in order to start scanning.
- It will scan and give the details of the items to be wiped. You will get a button Wipe Now at the bottom of the window.
- Here you click Wipe Now, it will take your confirmation to securely delete the files by asking you to punch in a three-digit code.
- Click Finish button when the task is done.
For deleting data from a particular Drive, you can click on the tab Drive. C Drive button is selected by its default. You can also change the Drive with Drive Settings.
- Click Start Scan when you are sure about the drive from which you want to delete the files.
- When the scan is finished you can tap Wipe Now button.
- Now if the process is completed, choose Finish.
Under the Drive Settings, you can select the Drive, from which you want to wipe and also you get an option to select option for wiping process. Under this option, you can select to wipe deleted files only, wipe the entire drive or wipe the free space.
When you click on Wipe Settings, you can select the wiping method from the given 3 options.
You should choose between Fast Secure Delete(default), Random fill data streams and Secure Delete. You get the description of each of them under the options to let you understand what’s best for you. Click on the check mark which is beside any of the option to select and click Save Settings button.
Now, you can permanently delete files on Windows with the steps we have provided. Advanced System Optimizer can be used for other things as well. It is not only a perfect fit for securely deleting files on Windows. Also you can securely delete files by other software which you have. But maybe the process of deleting be a little different from the one we introduced.