In my previous articles, I have introduced some locker apps which allow you to easily lock your apps, however, they are mostly for Android devices and you can rarely find an app for iPhone which allows you to lock your apps or photos. That is why I have decided to introduce some methods you can use to lock iPhone photos to keep all your photos safe from prying eyes.
Hide photos on iPhone in a private album
If you are running iOS 10 on your iPhone, hiding a photo on your iPhone means the photo is hidden from Years, Collections, and Moments. However, it’s still visible in All Photos. On iOS 11 however, hidden photos are finally removed from All Photos too. The Hidden album does not have any sort of protection which means that you can just open it like any other album. The security of the Hidden album is next to nothing, however, you may still find it useful as it help you hide photos from your All Photos. Here is how you can do that:
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone
- Find the photo that you want to hide
- Tap the share icon on the lower left button of the screen
- Select Hide
- Tap Hide Photo to confirm
That’s it! By taking these steps, you can successfully hide a photo from your Camera Roll. To view your hidden photos, you can easily tap on the Albums tab in the Photos app. Find the album called Hidden and tap on it.
Lock iPhone photos in Notes app
If you want to truly lock iPhone photos, you can use the Notes app on your iPhone. But before you can do that, you need to make sure that password protection is turned on for your Notes app. Here is how you can do that:
- Launch Settings app on your iPhone
- Scroll down and tap on Notes
- Tap on Password and define a password
- Tap on Done
You can change your password by tapping Change Password. Or to remove the password, tap Reset Password, enter your Apple ID password, confirm Reset, and select Cancel when prompted to enter a new password.
Once you have enabled password protection for Notes, what you need to consider is that the password does not lock the whole app. Instead, you should enabled the lock for each note individually. Once done, you can take the following steps to lock iPhone photos using the Notes app:
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone
- Choose the photo you want to lock from the Camera Roll
- Tap on the share icon and save the photo to your Notes app
- Open Notes and find the photo you have saved
- Tap on the share icon from the top right corner of the screen
- Tap on Lock Note from the bottom menu
- Define the password
- Tap OK
Use aPrivateVault application to lock iPhone photos
iOS operating system does not come with a default feature to lock application. similarly, you can’t lock Android apps by default. In addition, if you look up the App Store for an app lock tool, you will not find much apps in this regard. However, there is an app with decent performance named aPrivateVault which allows you to lock iPhone photos and apps. All you need to do is to download this application from the link below and install it on your iPhone.
Hoe to lock iPhone photos with aPrivateVault
Once you have successfully downloaded and installed aPrivateVault on your iPhone and iPad, you can take the following steps to lock photos easily.
- After you launch the application on your iPhone, you will be asked to define a password.
- On the next step, you will need to define a security question which will help you in case you forget your password in the future.
- Now choose Photos and tap on the “+” icon to add photos.
- Now create an album for the photos that you want to lock and tap Import from Album to add the photos you’d want to lock to your album.
- After creating the album and adding the photos to it, you can easily lock all the photos on that album.
- You can now delete the photos from your Photos app
Every time you’d want to use this app to view your photos, you will need to enter your passcode.
Remember! if you want to delete this application for any reason, don’t forget to unlock your photos before you uninstall the application. Id you don’t do so, all your photos will be removed along with the application.