Every month there are a number of new instant messengers being introduced that offer a variety of features. People, especially kids and teenagers love to use these messengers. Sometimes some people spend the majority of their time online chatting with friends. The most famous instant messenger is known to be WhasApp but there are other instant messengers such as Kik which are gaining more popularity. Read this Kik vs WhatsApp comparison to find out which one is a better messenger to use.
Kik vs WhatsApp security
We share almost any sort of personal data on our instant messengers and if you are not worried about your security, you really should be. Instant messengers compete with each other to offer more and more security features to maximize data protection. The latest version of whatsApp offers end-to-end encryption on all the messages. this means that transferred data all only viewable for sender and receiver and no in between person can hack whatsApp.
Kik messenger does not implement end-to-end encryption on messages which make it possible to spy on Kik but it claims that messages are deleted from the servers. However, users are totally anonymous on Kik messenger which may create dangers for kids and teenagers. Hence, in Kik vs WhatsApp security compariosin, WhatsApp stands above Kik messengers. Users must use Kik messenger with caution if they are concerned about security.
Kik vs whatsApp comparison – the main difference
WhatsApp and Kik are two different messengers and they offer different features. The main difference between these two messengers is that WhatsApp uses a valid phone number for registration. so you can chat with any one of your friends through their phone numbers. On the other hand, you only need a unique username for Kik. This means that Kik messenger requires no phone numbers and you can contact with anybody on Kik.
Kik vs WhatsApp – WhatsApp features
Here are a number of features why you should be using WhatsApp:
- WhatsApp is free of charge
- It is the most popular instant messengers so most of your friends are using it
- You can use WhatsApp to send texts, photos, videos, and make calls
- WhatsApp allows you to share your location
- whatsApp offers end-to-end encryption for all the messages
Kik vs WhatsApp – Kik features
these are the features that Kik messenger offers to users:
- Not only text messages but you can also send images, sketches, doodles, emojis, videos and much more in Kik
- You can customize your chat and choose color for chat bubble
- “Promoted Chats” feature displays various chats with common discussion on any interest or topic in general
- On the bottom of the conversation tab, a little globe icon will take you to Kik Browser
- Each Kik user has a distinct Kik QR code which can be accessed from the settings. To add a user from his Kik code, tap the search icon and then, “Find People”
Kik vs whatsApp – Which one is the best messenger
Kik and whatsApp are both good messengers to use. both of them offer interesting features. but if you re concerned about privacy and security, you should definitely go for WhatsApp. Also, you need to be extra careful if your kids are using Kik as it allows them to contact total strangers. finally, it’s up to you to decide which messenger is a better option for you.