Both Kik and Snapchat are cool messengers to use. you can use both messengers to contact your friends and family. Instant messengers have revolutionized our communications. There are many of them out in the market and they are increasing every day. So, you don’t know Kik or snapchat is a better instant messenger to choose? If it is so, read this article on Kik vs Snapchat comparison to get a gist of what these two messengers have to offer. Both of them are great messengers, but finally it is up to you to decide which one of them offer features better for your needs.
Kik vs Snapchat – Snapchat features
Snapchat is an app that was initially released in September of 2011. This messenger allows its users to take pictures and videos within the app and send them to each other. With Snapchat you can even draw on the pictures you send to others to make them a little bit more interesting. You can also choose to apply various funny effects to your face in the pictures and videos you send to others. But some people believe that Snapchat is not secure enough and it is possible to hack Snapchat and spy on Snapchat messages.
Pros of Snapchat messenger
- A lot of fun and cool photo filters
- Allows sharing photos, videos and texts that self-destruct
- Snapchat includes a Discover page where you can access a list of news and entertainment outlets
Cons of Snapchat messenger
- It is a little complicated to use Snapchat
- It is not considered to be very secure
Kik vs Snapchat – Kik features
Kik Messenger is another very popular messaging app that is used for chatting and sending pictures and videos to others. Unlike Snapchat, the people you send pictures and videos can easily save them and view them as long as they want without any time limits. if you are looking for an instant messenger to easily chat with your friends, Kik is definitely a good option. In Kik vs WhatsApp comparison, Kik may not be as popular as whatsApp. but it is still a good option. But you need to be careful about its security to make it impossible to spy on Kik messenger.
Pros of Kik messenger
- very simple user interface
- You don’t need a phone number to sign in
- Kik offers desktop version
- you can choose different themes and colors for your chats
Cons of Kik messenger
- it doesn’t offer much features
- It is known to be dangerous for kids as it lets users contact total strangers