One of the trendy features which has been added to Instagram recently is Instagram poll sticker feature. If you are into viewing your friends’ stories on Instagram, you have probably seen this sticker A LOT lately. This poll sticker allows everyone who views your story to take part in it and this might not be what you want. To offer you more options, Instagram has added a new feature which you might find absolutely interesting. Instagram private poll allows you to send polls through direct messages and lets your friends reply to your question privately. Here is all you need to know about this new feature along with the tutorial on how to use it.
Instagram private poll
As I mentioned earlier Instagram private poll is a new feature which allows you ask a question from a particular person or a group of friends in a group chat and receive a private reply. In fact, this is a solution for the ones who want to create a poll for a particular group of people and make a decision based on what all the members vote for.
For example, you might have a large number of followers who are all able to view your story. However, you just want to ask the opinion of a particular number of your followers. In this case, what you can do is to use Instagram private poll to send your poll to your followers via direct messages.
How to use Instagram private poll
In order to send an Instagram poll via direct messages, all you need to do is to open Direct Messages on Instagram and choose the person or the group of people to whom you would want to send the poll. Now choose the photo you would want to send and then tap on the sticker menu from the top. What you need to do next is to choose the poll sticker and send it. Here is an outlined overview of all the steps you need to take in order to send a poll to direct messages on Instagram:
- Open Instagram Direct Messages and choose one of your followers. You can also choose a group.
- After choosing the follower or followers, tap on the camera icon from the bottom of the screen next to the chat box.
- Take a photo or choose a photo from your phone gallery.
- Tap on the sticker icon from the corner of the screen.
- Choose POLL and type down the question and the two answers.
- Tap on Done and send the photo along with the poll sticker.
By following these steps, you can send a poll to a number of followers and view their replies. Also, there are some options you can choose when you want to send your poll sticker.
- ONE VIEW – Your followers will be able to view your poll only once
- ALLOW REPLAY – Followers will be able to view the poll again if they want
- KEEP IN CHAT – The poll will be kept in the chat conversation and it won’t expire
To use this new trendy feature of Instagram, you definitely need to have the latest version of Instagram. So, make sure to update your Instagram to its latest version before you go on to use this new feature.