The ability to add music to Instagram stories is one of the most interesting Instagram’s features since music has an important role in people’s life. Instagram music feature provides users the chance of sharing innovative stories base on their mood with their favorite music tracks and express how they at any moment.
While you are checking your following accounts Instagram stories daily you might come across videos with music that alerts you with the message stating this feature is not available in your region. To avoid this annoying circumstance there are some solutions with consideration of the possible problems which might caused it.
Possible problems and solutions
First possible problem: According to Instagram’s suggestion re-installing the app might help you get through this problem in case old Instagram data caused it.
- Clean all Instagram data and cache.
- Uninstall all updates and deactivate application.
- Reboot your phone.
- Install the latest version of Instagram application.
Second possible problem: Your location IP address might be unknown to Instagram or be banned for any political or geographical reason by the mean the music is not licensed to be played in Instagram stories in your country, so you will face the message stating this is not available in your region.
Solution: To solve this you can use apps which have the ability to change your IP address, make the issue disappear and go through the app to enjoy Instagram music.
Third possible problem: There are some similar reports globally that Instagram music works when users are running on data, but not with fios WiFi,
Solution: Contact and investigate your Internet service provider to make sure this is the problem.
Once you get the access to the Music sticker on your story, you can choose from variety of songs in Instagram’s music library. The library get updated daily in order to stay up to date and cover all users requests. However SoundCloud and Spotify will let you share songs directly to Instagram Stories according to their blog posts.
How to add music to Instagram stories?
In order to add your selected music track to a Instagram story follow the steps bellow.
- When you are creating photo or video Stories, simply swipe up and you will see a music sticker near other Instagram story stickers.
- Tap on it to open Instagram’s library of songs. Search for songs, genres, artists and play to hear a preview.
- As you select your song, you can choose the exact part of the song and it’s duration from 5 to 15 seconds. The default is second 7 sec of the track.
If you want to record a video having a special tone background, you can choose a song before recording your video.
- Open the camera.
- Swipe to the new “Music” option under the record button.
- Choose the exact part of your selected song.
- Record a video as the song is playing in the background.