Undoubtedly, Instagram is one of the most popular social media networks among people of different ages. The marvelous features that this application offers have attracted many users from around the globe. One of the greatest features of Instagram is the live videos. Are you interested in adding a live video to your Instagram? Do you want to view your friends’ live videos on Instagram? Here is a guide to all you need to know about Instagram live feature and how to use it.
What is Instagram live?
This feature of Instagram allow users to share videos with their followers in real time. so, if you are somewhere especial and you want to share every moment of your experience with your friends and family, the live feature of Instagram is definitely your best option. When you start a live video on Instagram, your video will appear on the Instagram story feed of your followers and they can start watching you by tapping on it. Also, your followers can chat with you as your are recording the video. Once a live video is ended, followers will still be able to view the video in form of a story. I must mention that this feature was added recently. Previously, no one would be able to review the live video once it was ended.
How to start an Instagram live video?
It is absolutely easy to start a live video on Instagram. Here is a step by step guide to start an Instagram live video:
- Launch Instagram application
- Tap on your photo on the top left corner of the page (your profile photo with a blue + icon next to it)
- You can choose from four options (live, boomerang, rewind, or hands-free).
- Choose “Live”
- Tap on the circle to start recording the video
Instagram live feature settings
Before you go live on Instagram, you may want to check one or two configurations. In order to do that, head to your Instagram profile and tap on the gear icon to enter settings. Tap on Story Settings under Accounts and you will be able to have some configuration options.
- You can choose to hide your story or live video from every one of your contacts
- You can allow or disallow message replies
- Comments can also be blocked while you are sharing a live video
Manage you Instagram live video
While your are live on Instagram, it is good to know these settings:
- You can see the number of users who have joined your live video at the bottom of the screen
- Start a conversation by replying to comments
- Tap on the three dots icon on the bottom right corner of the screen to turn off commenting
- Tap on the live icon on top left corner to find out how long you have been online
- To see who are watching your live video tap on the number of viewers next to the live icon
- Tap on the “X” icon next to anyone’s name to kick them out of your live video
- Tap on “End” on the top right corner of the screen to end your live video