Instagram is one of the most popular social media apps around the world. However, developers of Instagram add new fantastic features every once in a while to make it even more popular than before. This will help Instagram to be the leading app in the competition with other social media apps. The latest feature which was added to Instagram was Instagram IGTV which allows users to share long videos. But the new feature that Instagram is working on is the in-app purchase feature. Instagram in-app purchase feature allows users to do online shopping right from within the app and without the need to use any other app to make the payments. Here is all you need to know about this new feature of Instagram.
What is Instagram in-app purchase?
Paying attention to what users need and offering new experiences to users are among the most prominent features of Instagram application. Considering the fact that there are many business accounts on Instagram, many users may want to make a purchase an Instagram account. In this case, users have to rely on other websites or contact the service provider directly to order that particular service. This used to be a challenge for business accounts on Instagram, but Instagram has now thought of a way to resolve this issue.
It’s been years that service providers make profit from their Instagram accounts and many people resort to Instagram pages for buying a particular good. The only thing that Instagram offered was the business profile which showed users that this profile can be used to buy a particular service from. But this time, Instagram in-app purchase has brought about a revolutionary change in this application.
This option is now available on Instagram and if your Instagram app is updated to the latest version, you can head to settings and find the Payments feature. For now, Instagram in-app purchase is available only in the US and England and for specific services such as reserving a table in a coffee shop or restaurant. But this feature will be soon available for all different types of services.
How to use Instagram in-app purchase?
In order to use Instagram in-app purchase feature, you first need to sync one of your bank accounts to your Instagram account. Here are the steps you need to take in order to do so:
- Launch Instagram application on your phone.
- Enter Instagram account settings (To access settings on your Android phone, tap on the three dots icon on top of your profile page. On your iPhone, tap on the gear icon on top of your Instagram profile page).
- Scroll down to find the Account section. In the Account section, find Payments and tap on it to enter Payments settings.
- On the Payments page you will see three taps. The Activity tab shows a list of all the payments you have done through Instagram in-app purchase feature.
- The second tab is Profile which allows you to add your card information. So click on Add debit or credit card and enter your bank account information. Also, enter your email address in your Contact information section.
- The third tab is Security which allows you to define a 4 digit code for making a purchase via Instagram application.
As I mentioned before, Instagram in-app purchase feature is still in its beta version, but it will be available for everyone and everywhere soon.