Instagram is one of the most popular apps to share the world’s moment. Everyday millions of Instagram’s users share their daily life’s moments to their followers and friends. In order to allow and encourage users to share more and provide them privacy, Instagram rolled out a private feature that let (it’s) users post stories to limited groups of chosen followers as close friends.
Instagram close friend feature allows users to choose whether a shared content in their story is visible for selected people on their close friends list, or it is public for all followers. The user’s followers would not be notified if they are on close friend’s list or removed from it, so it’s OK to include whoever you want freely.
How to create an Instagram’s close friends list?
To use Instagram’s new feature you first must create a close friends list by following the steps below:
- Update your Instagram to the latest version.
- Tap your profile icon in the Instagram app
- Tap the hamburger icon at the top-right corner of screen
- Select “Close Friends List” on the drop-down menu.
- Add your close friends by clicking the “add” button beside their name or tap “Suggestions” to let Instagram suggest your most interacted followers.
Your created close friends list can be updated at any time you want.
How to make Instagram’s stories only shared with close friends?
Once you have your close friends list, “Close Friends” icon appears when you create an Instagram story.
- Open up the Story’s camera and take or choose a photo or video.
- Tap the green circle with a white star in it.
- You will now see your close friends list where you can add people to your close friend’s circle.
Stories which are shared with close friends can not be shared anywhere else. So there would be no risk of uncovering but your close friends will see a green ring around your story which tells they are in your circle.