During the period you have been sharing posts on your Instagram account since you created it, you might have felt you want some old shared photo or video posts, which you don’t totally like them now, to disappear from your profile temporary or permanently but you could not decide to delete them with fear of later regret, as the comments, data and memories are valuable to you for any reason. Use Instagram archive feature to hide specific posts from everybody in your profile and still keep the posts safe and private in order to review and retrieve them at any time you got the mood. You also can appear it back to your profile in case you want so. Here is all you need to know about Instagram archive and how it works.
How to use Instagram archive to hide Instagram posts?
To use the Instagram archive option in order to hide your selected posts from your profile and transfer them somewhere safe and private follow the steps bellow.
- Install the latest version of Instagram on your device.
- Choose a post that you are not satisfied with or you want it hidden for any reason.
- Tap three-dots button on the chosen post and select to archive it.
At the time you archive a post it would not be visible on your profile anymore.
How to access hidden Instagram archived post?
On your profile, in the top corner of screen tap on clock icon with a circle around it.On the appeared screen tap on archive title and from the drop down menu choose archive posts or stories. Only you can see what you have archived and hided from your profile.
How to restore the archived posts and make them visible on your profile again?
From your profile via archive icon you can make it visible again to all users who can see your profile.
- Open your Instagram Archive and select the post you want to put it back on your profile.
- Tap three dots button in the selected post and then select “Show on Profile.”
- You also can choose to delete the post permanently. If you do so there would be no return.
Even if at a certain point you temporary disable your Instagram account your archived post are still there when you login back to your account.
Why should you archive your Instagram posts?
There can be variety of reasons that make you feel you need to hide some of your former shared posts.
- Removing outdated photo or video posts.
- Posts you rather keep private since now for any reason.
- Posts that seems to embarrass you at this particular time.
- Want to announce something special? Hide all of your Instagram post and just post about the announcement to make it noticeable.
How to archive Instagram Stories?
Instagram Stories disappear forever after 24 hours unless you highlight them but what if you want to keep them without appearing on your profile permanently? Stories will be saved to a private part of your profile once they disappear from your profile.
To make this happen, go to Story control setting through your Story capturing screen or your profile setting. On story setting’s saving section enable “save to archive”. Now your Instagram Stories would automatically be saved on archive. Access and review your archived Stories via your profile as mentioned earlier in this topic.
Your Stories exact date and time of publication is recorded here and you just need to swipe up to check who has viewed it. Also there are some possible actions which can be done on Instagram archived Stories that are listed bellow.
- You can delete the Story permanently, tap on it and from the three dot option choose delete and confirm the removal.
- Save the photo or video on your camera roll or share it as post with the ability to add filters, captions or other decorating staffs.
- Add it to your Story highlight in order to make it appear on your Instagram profile.