We use instant messengers almost every day. Some of us even spend the majority of our time chatting with our friends online. There are many messengers around and people have different reasons to prefer one over another. WhatsApp messenger is definitely number 1 in the list of most popular instant messengers. But popularity can’t be reason enough to make people stick to one messenger. One of the messengers that is becoming very popular is Telegram messenger. Many people prefer Telegram because of its speed and security. Another messenger that has been around for quite a while is Hike messenger. This messenger might not be as popular as WhatsApp or Telegram, but it actually offers a great number of cool Hike features. In WhatsApp and Hike comparison, Hike might not be able to offer much. Now let’s see which is the winner in Hike vs Telegram comparison.
Hike vs Telegram security
We share any sort of personal data through our instant messengers and if your are not concerned about the privacy of your data, you really should be. One of the most important factors that you need to take into consideration when choosing an instant messenger is privacy and security. That is why I dedicated this part to Hike vs Telegram security comparison. Now let’s see which messenger offers better security options.
Telegram is a messenger which is well-known for security. Telegram offers end-to-end encryption for messages in a feature called “Secret Chat“. End-to-end encryption ensures that the messages can be viewed only by the sender and the receiver and they are not stored on the servers. This can make it impossible to hack Telegram messenger. But this encryption is not applied by default. Also, Telegram is open-source, but the backend is not still viewable for public. Two-factor authentication is another great security feature of Telegram.
Hike messenger does not offer end-to-end encryption which is a major security downside. This creates the risk that hackers will be able to crack Hike messenger. However, it has 128 bit SSL for WiFi networks. In addition, Hike offers Pattern lock for the messenger which can be helpful for privacy. Hence, in Hike vs Telegram comparison for security, Telegram is the winner as it offers end-to-end encryption and two-factor authentication.
Hike vs Telegram : Hike unique features
Hike messenger has been developed in India and it offers a number of great features that users can enjoy using. Here are some of them:
- One of the most fantastic features of Hike messenger is the ability to share files without internet. Consider it like the improved Bluetooth technology with which two Hike users can share files directly without any Internet connection.
- Hike messenger offers extensive search ability. You can as well search within chats
- Hike offers stickers recommendation as you are typing which is a cool option
- Massive Group Calls is another feature, where you can simultaneously have a audio or video call with 100 people. Like a conference sitting at your home!
- Doodles: You can spice up your photos with Doodles as you receive them, decorate them and send them!
Hike vs Telegram : Telegram unique Features
In order to find out which wins in Hike vs Telegram comparison, we need to compare their features. Now let’s take a look at Telegram features.
- Telegram offers self-destructing messages with end-to-end encryption through Secret Chat feature which is great for security
- Users had the restriction of sending files of only up to 16 MB while with Telegram, you can send files as big as 1.5 GB each. This is 900 times bigger than that of WhatsApp!
- In Super groups, anyone along with admins can delete their messages from all sides. A message can be pinned to the top. All of the user’s messages can be deleted by an administrator, and they can be banned and reported as well.
- Telegram allows users to send photos and videos without compression
- Telegram uses an open source MTProto encryption protocol that provides complete end-to-end encryption for secret chats.
Hike vs Telegram : Conclusion
the bottom line is that both Hike and Telegram are awesome messengers and they offer many features. But if you are concerned about security of your data, Telegram is a better option. Also, more people use Telegram which is important as you want to use these messengers to chat with friends. Finally, it’s up to you to choose which messenger better suit your needs.