WhatsApp is an application with over 1 billion active users. It is currently the most used messaging smartphone application. Users may want to hide a particular chat or conversation from their conversation feeds and not delete it. This relates to users’ privacy and it is actually their right. WhatsApp now has a setting which allows you to hide WhatsApp chat. This post will share the steps to achieve that on Android and iOS. After the chat is hidden it is also possible to show back the hidden chats when desired. We have brought you the method to bring the chat back.
Hide WhatsApp chat
With the help of a feature used to archive chats, you can hide WhatsApp conversations. All you need to archive a chat is to follow the procedure given below depending on the OS your smartphone has.
How to Hide WhatsApp Chat in iPhone?
The method is updated using WhatsApp iOS version – 2.16.6. Let’s follow the steps:
- Tap on WhatsApp application in Main Menu.
- Swipe left on the chat screen for the contact whose chat you desire to hide.
- Now select “Archive”
- On selecting “Archive” the conversation of the contact or group you selected will be removed/hidden from the main chat screen which appears when you open WhatsApp.
- The conversation that you archived is moved to “Archived Chats” folder. You can view it by swiping up on the main chat screen where there exist list of chats of all contacts.
- You can also hide group chat by following the similar procedure for your groups in WhatsApp. In order to view the chat that you hide or archive select Archived Chats and you will be able to view the chat of the contact or group which you hide.
You can also archive/hide all the chats by going to Settings >> Chats >> and then selecting “Archive All Chats”.
Show the Hidden WhatsApp Chat in iPhone
- Swipe up on the main chat screen where all chats are listed.
- Select Archived Chats. Here you see the list of archived/hidden chats.
- Swipe left on the chat of the contact you want to show back on the main chat screen.
- Select Unarchive.
- The chat of the contact you unarchived will start showing up in main chat screen and will no longer remain hidden.
How to Hide WhatsApp Chats on Android
The procedure is more or less the same for Android and Windows to hide WhatsApp chat. It has some differences being of the options present in slightly different places.
For example, in Android, you need to long press on the chat of the contact to get Archive option (marked with Red) rather than swiping left as in the case of iPhone.
Show the Hiddeen WhatsApp Chat in Android
- Scroll to the bottom of the WhatsApp chat screen where you can see all the conversations. Select “Archived Chats”.
- Now you can see all the archived chats. You should long tap on the conversation of the contact whom you want to unarchive. Then select the Unarchive icon at the top (second from right).
You can see the chat on the main screen along with other chats, after you do this.
Hope this article has helped you in hiding your WhatsApp chats. Moreover, there are many features for WhatsApp which you may want to know. One of them is sending fake location on WhatsApp or track WhatsApp calls and messages in both Android and iOS. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.