Nowadays everywhere you look is equipped with a security camera (CCTV) in order to provide more security. Places such as warehouse, offices, and specially shops and malls use security cameras. Here in this article we will show you how hackers hack security cameras. But be aware that I’m writing this article to let you know what is possible to do and what are the vulnerabilities in security cameras.
Note: The hacking of CCTV cameras, using black hat techniques, is illegal if it harms someone’s work or daily life. Here we only talk about the Ethical hacking tricks. Any illegal action taken by you may put you in the risk. So be careful.
If you install security cameras and DVRs, be aware that you are at a high risk of being hacked by software that are automated to scan for vulnerabilities.
It’s important to be aware of how an attack to your security camera works, so you can better protect the surveillance systems you install for your customers. Time to learn some secrets used by hacker. keep reading then.
Techniques to Hack Security Cameras from Android Phone
For accessing security cameras there are many hacking tools and methods. Actually, here we are listing only the most trusted and common ways to hack security cameras.
As you know that you have only a single Android device to hack Cameras, the process will take some time. Although it may take a long time, it surely works for you.
1. Use same WiFi or Network
You can easily hack security cameras if you are on that network or same WiFi. It becomes very easy to do this. Follow the tips below:
- You can join the same network in which the CCTV cameras are connected using LAN cable. By knowing the password of that WiFi, you can connect to that network.
- Then, you have to find out the IP address or port number for DVR. For doing that go to any of the TCP/IP scanner sites. The site will be work fine for DVR too. Here you must note that there may be more than 1 IP address if there are so many computers connected to the network. You can check the device detail for more references.
- According to your local area network IP address, your DVR IP adress would look like that “22.214.171.124 – 126.96.36.1995”,.
- Now you find out IP address of DVR that cameras are connected. So enter that IP address into URL box of your Android browser and click enter.
- This is the most confusing part of security camera hacking. Because it’s not easy to hack the DVR password. In this step you will be redirecting to a DVR homepage. There you should find input box for login details.
- For hacking DVR password and username, you have to try your luck. The default username and password is “Admin” and “Admin”.If don’t work then follow below procedure.
- Use a spy software to hack the Computer, which is mainly used for login to DVR system. That’s why I told you it may take a long time. But it is not impossible.
- When you will get the login name and password, simply log in to the account.
The given method mentioned above, is mostly for a beginner. So, if you are a professional hacker it’s been easy to hack the DVR and use security camera on your commands.
2. Hack Online Security Cameras
Here in this method you only need to find out the host name and login detail.
In order to find the login detail use below given method:
- Many IT administrators use online CCTV cameras in their company. That’s why I am going to tell you how to hack that DVR system. Firstly, find out the host name of the DVR.
- For finding host name, check out the modem or hack the default PC used for cameras. Hacking of that computer will help you in many ways.
- When you’ve found the host name, enter the host name on the android browser and select Enter key. that’s all. Next, you need a username and password.
- Many DVR has only one user name and password “123” and “123” or “admin” and “admin”.
- If won’t work for you. You have to again hack one of the computers which is used for the login into the DVR.
That’s how you can hack security cameras by using an Android phone.