Temporary media posts known as Stories are available in most of social media apps such as Instagram, Snapchat, Whatsapp, and also Facebook. Story feature provides users new sharing ability in order to share their daily moment casually for specific short time.
Facebook story is a more visual way of sharing daily news. They can be published and shared to Facebook’s friends by user’s phone or through desktops. Facebook stories are viewable for 24 hours since you publish them and they can be permanent if you decide to share them as a post on your Timeline too.
As you enter Facebook, On the top of the news feed there would be a row [stories row] that all your stories would be shown there and if any of your friends want to view your story, it is reachable from their stories row.Stickers, masks, filters, frames and other interesting decoration tools are available in Facebook stories when you are creating one.
Story viewers can reply directly by typing in the “Write a direct reply” area while viewing the stories. The reply messages would only be visible to the story owner and user who replied. A shared story reply can start a new group conversation around a particular story content, as you reply the stories you can share it with selected friends.Facebook reaction emojis are also available next to the reply bar.
What is the direct sharing of Facebook story?
It happens when you want a story photo or video to be shared with just one person once, to make it possible you can use direct sharing. Take your story photo or video, decorate it as you wish and share it to your selected friend. He can only view it one time and express his feeling and points of view by replying your story and as soon as the conversation ends the story would no longer be available and visible to your chosen friend.
How to create a Facebook story?
Create a Facebook story on mobile by following the steps bellow.
- Tap the Your Story icon in the Stories bar
- Using the record button, tap to take a photo or hold it to record a video, As you open the camera you face multiple options
- Three dots story settings helps you with general settings such as privacy and story visibility settings. Here you can choose who can view your stories.
- Switch camera and flash option would be available on the left corner.
- Effects and filters are accessible by star icon left to the record button.
- There would be three story mod as live, normal, and text mod at the bottom of the screen.
- Text mod is where you can add a typing stories with different backgrounds.
- You can also upload your already existed photo or video from your camera roll by gallery icon next to the recording button.
- As capture or upload is finish on the new screen you can add doodle, sticker or text from the top right corner of screen icons.
If you are on the desktop, you can create stories following the steps bellow.
- Create a post similar to creating for your News Feed.
- You will face two options for posting on News Feed or on Your story.
Your shared stories would be saved in your story archive automatically in case you want to share them again or access them at any time. You can also delete saved stories from your archive by accessing the three dots in the top-right corner of the selected archived story screen.
How to upload multiple Facebook stories?
You can add multiple stories to your Facebook by pressing the add bottom after you viewed your story in home page. You can also simply tap add circle on your Facebook home page to add another story.
What are Facebook’s group stories?
Group stories provide casual and more convenient sharing among group members. They let multiple members to add stories in the groups that would be visible to group members and moderated by group admins.
Group members can follow group stories at the top of the group’s page and they can add their own stories to the group. The personal account story options would be available in group stories too.
Group admins can manage story permissions for members throw group settings. And if they find a member’s shared story in the group inappropriate for any reason they can delete it. Admins can also mute and block any or all of the members from posting stories.
How to create a Facebook group story?
Group Stories are enabled by the Group admin to all or particular users. To add a story to your group follow the steps bellow.
- Tap on the ‘Add’ option on the front page of the group
- Select the image or video you want to share it to the Group Story.
- Decorate and post it.
Variety of Facebook story tools are designed to increase engagement with Facebook Stories and encourage users to use them for interacting with their friends and share more appealing contents with lots of creating options.