YouTube videos stream online. They are cannot be saved on your hard disk and this is the way they are designed. It is clear that YouTube does not want you to download videos, but there are times when you want to view a YouTube video offline or you want to save the video and send it to another device. In this case, you will need to find out a way to download videos from YouTube. But is it possible to do so? Fortunately, if you want to store one of your favorite videos on YouTube, it is easier than you think. In this tutorial, I will show you how you can download YouTube videos. Read Along to find out more.
Download YouTube videos with VLC
VLC is one of the best media players available on the market. Not only a media player, but it can also be used to download videos from YouTube. There is no straightforward method to follow if you want to download videos from YouTube using VLC but it is not very confusing. Follow these steps to use VLC to download YouTube videos.
- Navigate to the YouTube video that you want to download and copy its URL from the address bar. Now launch VLC player and go to Media > Open Network Stream. On Mac, click on File > Open Network. Now paste the URL in the box under Network and then click on Open. Your video will start playing in the VLC player.
- On Windows, select Tools > Codec Information and on Mac, select Window > Media Information. You will see a window full of information about the video. You can see a section named location at the bottom of the window. This is the exact address of the video on Google servers. Copy the URL and paste it in your web browser’s address bar.
- You video will start playing on your browser. Right-click on the video and click on “Save As” or “Save Video As“. Now all you need to do is to wait for the download to finish. that’s it! you can now have the YouTube video on your hard drive.
Download YouTube videos with Clip Converter (web-based)
For all your downloading needs, Clip Converter can be an easy solution. It is a free web-based utility that requires no application to install and it can be used to download videos from YouTube or other platforms. You can choose from an array of different formats to download your video with this web-based tool. There is also an add-on you can install on your browser to access Clip Converter faster and easier. Here are the steps you will need to take to download YouTube videos with Web Converter.
- Go to the main page of Clip Converter and paste the URL of the YouTube video you would want to download in the video URL box. Then you can go on to select your desirable format. You can choose MP3, M4a, or AAC for music and MP4, 3GP, AVI, or MOV for video files.
- When you select a format, the conversion option menu will be expanded for you. The default setting is to download the entire video. But you can change that and set the exact duration of the video you would want to download.
- Also, check the desirable resolution for the video you would want to download and then click on “start”.
- Wait for the conversion to finish and you will see the download button you can use to download YouTube video you want.
Download YouTube videos with 4K Video Downloader
If you want a stand-alone software on your computer foe downloading videos from YouTube, 4K Video Downloader is a great option. The name might be a little misleading as you might think it can be used only for 4K videos. But in fact, you can use it to download videos with a variety of qualities. You can use this software for free, but there is a paid version with more enhanced features. Here are the steps you need to take to use 4K Video Downloader software to download videos from YouTube.
- Download 4K Video Downloader from its official website. Install it on your computer and run it.
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video that you would want to download.
- Navigate to 4K Video Downloader and click on “Paste Link” form the top left corner.
- Now you will have a number of option including video format, quality and conversions that you can choose from.
- Click on the download button to start downloading your video. you can also pause or cancel the download.
I hope you this tutorial on download YouTube videos. Please do ask your questions in the comments section if you have any.