WeChat is definitely among the most popular messaging apps around the world. Along with the ordinary texting and calling features, WeChat offers a number of fun to use features which are all great for finding new friends and socializing. Another great WeChat feature is that it is multi platform and it can be installed on different smart phones as well as desktop computers. In this article, I will provide you with whatever you need to know about WeChat for computer along with the link to download WeChat desktop. Read along to find out how can get started with WeChat on your computer.
How to install WeChat desktop
Installing WeChat on your desktop computer is much similar to installing WhatsApp for Windows and it requires scanning a QR code. A QR code is a unique code for each WeChat user and it is used as an identification code. This is also a way to enhance WeChat security and make sure it wouldn’t be possible to hack WeChat account. This QR code is your WeChat ID and your friends can scan it to add you to their friends list. You will need this QR code if you want to download WeChat desktop and install it on your computer.
Before you proceed to the tutorials on how to set up WeChat desktop, you need to first download the file from the links provided below. You can later follow the step-by-step guide to install and set it up on your computer.
How to set up WeChat for Windows
This tutorial will guide you through the step you need to take in order to start using WeChat on your computer. Follow these steps to get started.
- Download WeChat desktop and on it on your computer.
- Tick the box for agreeing to the Terms of Service and then click on “Install WeChat“.
- Go through the installation steps until you see the green “Run” button. Click on it.
- Run your WeChat application on your mobile device.
- Tap on the “+” icon on the top right corner and then tap on “Scan QR Code“.
- Now scan the QR code on your computer with your phone camera. If the scan is successful, you will see your profile photo on your WeChat desktop.
- Click on “Enter” on your mobile phone and login to your WeChat account on your computer.
Tips to know before you download WeChat desktop
In order to start using WeChat for Windows, there are some tips you need yo know. Here are these tips:
- In order to start using WeChat desktop, you will need to have it on your mobile phone first.
- When you are logged in to your WeChat desktop, you will no longer receive chat notifications on your mobile phone.
- You will need to do the installation process, including the QR scanning, only once. After that, you will just need to click on the WeChat icon on your desktop.
- In order to sign out of your WeChat for Windows, click on the three lines on the bottom of the screen and then click on “Settings“. You can now click on “Log Out” to sign out of your WeChat desktop.
- In case you don’t want to download WeChat desktop and install it on your computer, you can use the web-based version of WeChat. All you need to do is to go to https://web.wechat.com on your web browser and follow the steps to scan the QR code and login to your account.
Download WeChat desktop
If you would like to use WeChat messaging app on your computer, you can use the below link to download WeChat for Windows or Mac. Also, if you want to use the web-based WeChat version, you can use the link provided in the previous section. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask it in the comments section.
This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic)