LINE is a messaging service which is specifically very popular in Japan. LINE messenger offers service on major platforms. You can easily download LINE on your Android or iOS device from Google Play or App Store. It is great to use LINE application on a mobile device, but did you know that you can use this wonderful application on your desktop computer as well? LINE offers support for Windows and Mac OS devices. If you are interested in using LINE on your computer, read along for the link to download LINE Windows and full tutorial of its awesome features.
Download LINE Windows
If you want to use LINE messenger on your computer, the first thing you need to do is to download LINE Windows for your computer. You can download the software from LINE website or from the direct link I have provided for you.
How to set up LINE on Windows
So, as I mentioned earlier, the first thing you need to do is to download LINE Windows on your computer. Then, install the application and run it on your computer. You can either choose to login with your preexisting LINE account or create a new account. In order to create a new LINE account on LINE Windows, you will need to enter your phone number. Remember! if you already have a LINE account with your phone number and you want to create a new one with your number, all records with regard to your first LINE account will be lost.
After you complete the registration, you will be able to start using LINE to chat with your friends.
How to add friends on LINE Windows
When you download LINE Windows and install it on your computer, the first thing you need to do in order to start chatting with your friends is to add them to your friends’ list.
In order to do so, click on the add friends icon and you will have some options.
- A number of official accounts will be recommended to you and you can add them to your friend’s list and stay updated about their posts
- Click on “Search for friends“. A new window will open for you in which you can search for friends by their LINE ID or phone number
- Click on “Create a group” to start a group chat with your LINE friends
How to use LINE timeline on LINE desktop
One of greatest LINE features is the timeline feature. LINE timeline allows you to share a text or a photo with your friends and tell them what you are doing or how you are feeling.
In order to share something with your friends, click on the “What’s new?” box. You ill then be able to type a message, upload a photo or video, or add a link or hashtag to you post. You can also choose who you want to send your post to.
How to use LINE Keep feature
Did you know that you can download LINE Windows and use it as a cloud space to keep your photos, videos, and files? LINE keep feature allows you to keep whatever you need right next to you by uploading them to your LINE desktop.
Manage settings on LINE Windows
One of good things about LINE desktop is that you can customize almost everything from within the app.
- Basics – Manage your profile, choose the language and screen size, manage login settings or delete your account
- Notifications – Manage notification method, sound, and rules
- Chats – Manage font size, stickers, keyboard language, chat background, chat history, photo resolution, etc.
- Calls – Manage speaker, microphone, and camera settings
- Friends – Manage blocked and hidden friends
- Timeline – Manage timeline privacy settings
- Keep – Manage the space used on your keep or delete all your data
- Advanced settings – Manage proxy settings
- Keyboard shortcuts – Manage all the shortcuts you can use while chatting
Is LINE Windows secure?
One of the most important things to consider when using a messaging app is its security. We use such messengers to share almost any sort of personal data and this is crucial to make sure that these apps are secure. LINE messenger uses encryption to make sure that it wouldn’t be impossible to hack LINE account and spy on LINE messages.
So, if you are looking for a safe environment to share your messages through it, LINE application is definitely a great option.
This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic)