Tips to play Dota 2 like a proThis guide will examine 10 important which that many Dota 2 players don’t know while many are just too ignorant to follow and what you can do to improve faster,better and to avoid some of the mistakes that end up bogging people down.
1. Salvaging early itemsWhile choosing your items , you always should have late game in the mind.So here is how it works : you need to combine some materials to create some items . On the other hand , you can disassemble some items to acquire some of those much needed materials.So you have got to analyze your game and draw out your game plan to be able to choose your items wisely early on. This way you can salvage your early items to gain access to higher end items.
2. Observing opponent loud-outsKnowing your opponents character well makes the difference between victory or defeat.
3. You have to know where and when to wardMany support players or even core ones just put a ward over their personal preference, ignoring some points that can give them a better reach. All you have to do is just see the preview of the wards vision area before actually placing it. This way you will get a better idea of the area that you would cover when the ward is placed. This even helps in judging early ganks . But, as much as it is important to know good ward locations, it is also important to know when you want to ward particular places depending on the current situation of the game. Consider your carry player is A F K farming in the bottom lane. At this point, the best thing you can do is to place two wards, one in the deep jungle while one just behind the nearest enemy tower. This way your carry would have more confidence in farming and can use his aggression and spells to the fullest. You will save yourself a few curses, and there is a 90% chance your carry will have enough items to allow you a win. The orange spots are using to block creep camps. The red spots are using to give rune vision. The purple spots are generally practice positions to ward. The green spots can be used for Base vision when going high ground. Actually, if you are constantly being harassed by enemy rotations, and are on the back foot, then there is no point in warding their side of the base. Instead, you would want to reveal as much of your own side as possible so that your heroes can counter the aggression/rotation/potential ganks accordingly.
4.Do not pick jugglers all the time
Jung ling Nerf the hell out of the experience and gold jungle creeps give, while buffing lane creeps significantly. Supports are also richer due to cheaper support item costs and increased passive GPM. These two factors combined together basically make it so a dedicated juggler will end up having worse farm and levels than if he just played a real 4 position hero. Furthermore, any hero that goes jungle can be played better in other positions. Finally, picking juggler basically ensures all your lanes are going to lose since 20% of your team is missing and the enemy can freely pressure your carry / mid without worrying about two supports rotating to counter gank.
5. Play with better Dota 2 playersI know fighting at a higher standard is harder, but it is also shows your mistakes far more clearly and pushes you to improve your skills.
6. RunesRunes are another important part of Dota 2 and under right circumstances,can change the course of the game for good and turn the tables. Timing is of utmost the importance when it comes to runes. So there are two types of runes (bounty runes and power-up runes) Bounty runes spawn every two minutes from the every beginning and the same applies to power runes but there is a small catch : there are two different places that power runes spawn and up until the 40 minutes mark,they show up only in one place but after the first 40 minutes of the game , they spawn on both places simultaneously but but there is a catch : there wont be the same rune on both locations at once and the same rune wont show up in the same place for two times in a row. Have that in mind and use it to your advantage.
7.Break your overall goals down into manageable stagesPersonally, I started playing long before official rankings ever turned up, and have never been particularly motivated by the numbers. It’s nice to have some measure to compare yourself to, but the main priority for me was always to play with decent players of Dota 2 and have enjoyable games.Learning about new heroes should be fun most of the time and will keep the player motivated. Never stuck in your way and try to learn something new and keep yourself challenged.
8.Learn more about top 10 carry heroesHere I named the 10 more important carry heroes in Dota 2 :
- Phantom lancer
- Ember spirit
- Shadow fiend
- Faceless void
9.CombosEspecially when I was learning to play, I always used to mentally run through my important combos in those moments before a fight broke out. My Enigma is going to initiate on the enemy team, so here’s what I need to do:
- Click C to activate Black king-bar
- Click S to ready Blink-Dagger
- Left Click target location to Blink there.
- Click R to ready Black-Hole
- Left Click target location to use it.
- Remember not to do anything else while it channels.
- Click X for Refresher.Orb
- Click R to ready Black Hole
- Left Click target location to use it again.