We have a number of contacts on any messaging app that we use for our communications. You can just head to the contacts section of any messaging app to see all your contacts who are using that particular messaging application. One of the best and most secure messaging apps is Telegram and if you refer to your contacts list on this app, you will see the contacts who are on this app, however, you may want to delete one of them so that they no longer appear on the list. In this article, I will show you how you can delete Telegram contacts.
Delete Telegram contacts
Nowadays, we do a major part of our communications via our messaging apps and this is exactly because these applications have made our communications much simpler. These messaging apps are usually very easy to use, however, you might need some help in working with some of their options.
One point about Telegram contacts is that you can only view the contacts whose phone number is saved on your mobile phone. This means that if you have someone in your phone contacts, you will have them in your Telegram contacts as well as long as they use this app.
However, if you do not have someone’s phone number, they might still appear in your contacts and this is because they have your phone number. This means that we might not have someone’s phone number in our contacts, but we can find them on Telegram.
So, you need to take these two points in mind:
- To delete Telegram contacts who are only on your Telegram contacts list, you just need to delete the contact from your Telegram contacts list
- To delete Telegram contacts who are on your phone contacts list as well, you need to delete them from both Telegram and phone contacts list.
Steps to delete Telegram contacts
Now that you are aware of the all the points, the next step is to learn how to actually delete Telegram contacts. Here is how you can do that.
- Launch Telegram application on your phone.
- Navigate to the contacts section.
- Choose the contact that you’d want to delete from the list of your Telegram contacts.
- After choosing the contact, you will be navigated to the chat page with that person. Tap on their photo to enter their profile.
- Tap the three dots icon from the top right corner of the screen and then choose Delete contact.
- Click “Ok” in the opened window to delete that particular contact.
By taking these six steps, you can easily delete Telegram contacts. But as I mentioned before, in order to delete a Telegram contact which is in your phone contacts as well, you will need to delete it both from your Telegram contacts and phone contacts.
Another point is that deleting someone from your Telegram contacts will NOT delete you from their contacts as well. So, they can still text you if they have your phone number. The only way to stop this is to block them on Telegram. Also, if they delete Telegram account and create a new account, they will again be able to text you on Telegram.
This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic)