The GroupMe messenger is popular among many people, especially Americans and Canadians, according to the SimilarWeb website. Maybe the reason for this popularity is that this app can be localized to users in a particular geography, and of course this messenger has some drawbacks too. These drawbacks include the inability to delete messages in GroupMe. But in this article, we plan to examine this issue and possible solutions.
Suppose you have sent a message to your friend, and later on you think that you’ve made a big mistake by sending that message! What should you do now?
Unfortunately unlike other messengers including Discord, GroupMe messenger application doesn’t allow user to delete messages, and if you send a message, even if the other party has not seen the message, there’s no way back.
What should you do if you have to delete messages in GroupMe?
Although there is no way to delete messages in GroupMe but if you have sent that mistaken messages in a group, you can ask the group admin to delete whole group If it’s very important to you and your request should be worth it, because it’s a big request!
Or if you have sent that message to a person, you can try to hide it from that person device before he read it.
Hide messages in GroupMe application
But if you want to hide the message that you have sent on your device to people who might have your device in their hand, this messenger has a solution for it.
You can hide messages and these changes will only be visible on your own device.
To hide a message in GroupMe application :
- Choose the chat you want to hide message from that.
- Find the message you want to hide, then tap and hold on that message (right-click on some devices).
- Select Hide Message.
To show hidden messages :
- Select the group or personal avatar and select Settings, then select Unhide hidden messages.
- For a direct message, simply log out and log back in to show hidden messages.
In addition, you can delete an individual and a group chat history.
This clears the chat history on your device – but the other person will still be able to see the chat.
- Select the group or individual chat that you want to clear.
- Select the chat’s avatar, then select Settings.
- Select Clear Chat History (or Clear history).
- Select Clear in the confirmation box that appears.
Once you’ve cleared your chat history from your device, you can’t recover it.