There are a number of great instant messengers out in the market and one of them is Kik messenger. Kik features are all really great but you might have felt tired of it and decided to delete your account. you might have even decided to shift to another instant messenger. whatever your reasons are, Kik allows you to delete your account temporarily or permanently. If you don’t know how to do that, this tutorial will show you how to easily delete Kik account.
Why is it necessary to delete Kik account if you no longer use it?
There are times when you are fed up with one of the applications on your smart phone and you don’t want to use it no longer. What most of us would do is to uninstall the application and forget that app forever. But the story is different for instant messengers such as Kik. If you no longer want to use Kik, uninstalling the application alone would not be enough. If you just remove the application, your Kik account will be left unattended and this will create the chance for hackers to hack Kik account or spy on your messages. So, if you are thinking about deleting Kik, don’t forget to delete Kik account before you remove the application.
How to delete Kik account temporarily
If you are thinking about getting away from Kik for a while and you want to get your account back later, you can deactivate your account. Take these steps to deactivate Kik account temporarily:
- Go to Kik deactivation page on your web browser
- Enter the email address associated with your Kik account in the box
- Tap on Go! and a message will be sent to your email
- Check email for a message from Kik and open it
- Click on the Deactivate button that you can see in the email
You account will be deactivated and you will be asked to do an optional survey on the reasons why you have decided to deactivate your Kik account.
How to delete Kik account permanently
If you want to deactivate your Kik account permanently and you are sure that there is no coming back, you will need to take these steps to delete Kik account permanently:
- Go to Kik delete account page on your web browser
- Enter your username
- Enter your email address associated with your Kik account
- Select a reason why you want to delete Kik account
- Check the box and click on Go!
- Check your email for a message from Kik and open it
- Click on Permanently Deactivate to delete your account
This post is also available in: English