Facebook page is a public profile that is used by brands or marketing in order to have customers and fans engagement. However any user on Facebook can create a Facebook page for any personal or marketing purpose. But what happens if you want to delete Facebook page you created and deactivate it for any reason? Do not worry. It is possible and of course simple.
How to delete Facebook page on a Mobile app?
If you are using a Facebook app on your mobile devices and you want to delete your Facebook page follow the instruction below step by step.
- Open Facebook. Open the blue icon Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Log In to your Facebook account if you have not.
- Tap the three line menu icon in the top corner of screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Pages to displays all the Facebook pages that you are active in as admin.
- Choose and tap on the page you want to delete from the pages list.
- Tap Edit Page pencil icon under the page’s cover photo to displays editing menu.
- Tap Settings at the end of options list to display page Settings.
- Tap on general section at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap Permanently delete the page.
- Tap Delete Page to confirm your action.
How to delete Facebook page on desktop?
In case you want to delete Facebook page on your desktop and through the Facebook website follow the instruction below step by step.
- Go to Facebook website on desktop.
- Login to your Facebook account and go to news feed.
- Click Pages on the left side of screen.
- Tap on the page’s name you want to delete.
- Tap on settings at the top of the page to display Settings menu.
- Scroll down and tap remove page. Now you would see a delete link appear.
- Tap on the appeared delete link.
- Tap delete page to confirm the pop up message. Remember that once you confirm your action your page would be hidden from search and scheduled for deletion. After 14 days, you have to confirm your decision to delete the page again and that it will be permanently deleted.
How to cancel your Facebook page deletion?
After you decide to delete your Facebook page and you go through the process it takes 14 days that your request be complete. In this period you can change your decision and cancel your Page deletion by following the steps below.
- Go to your Page in 14 days period completing delete Facebook Page.
- Click Cancel Deletion at the top of the particular Page.
- Click Confirm.
- Click OK.
How to delete Facebook page temporarily?
You can hide your page from the fans and also public users without deleting it permanently. As an admin you just need to unpublish your Facebook page. Here is how to do it step by step.
- Choose the page you want to hide on Facebook.
- Click Settings at the top of the particular Page.
- From General, click Page Visibility.
- Select Page unpublished.
- Save Changes.