We all love how emails have made our lives a lot simpler by replacing letters. Sending and receiving different types of files are now absolutely easy by using emails. It is true that our electronic mails help us to get things done a lot faster, but there are still times when you need to delete email account because you no longer need it. Depending on the email service provider that you use, the steps you need to take in order to delete email account might be different. In this article, I will provide you with a tutorial on how you can delete your email account easily. So read along if you are interested.
Why to delete email account if you don’t use it
There are different reasons why you would want to delete an email account. For example, you may want to change your email by creating a new email and deleting the old one. You may choose to just abandon your email account if you no longer want to use it. But that is not a good idea! If you no longer want to use your email, it is best that you delete your account and that is because if you don’t delete your account, your email will be just left unattended and this may create the chance for hackers to hack email and access your private data.
How to delete Yahoo account
You can easily delete email account on Yahoo by following these steps. These steps will permanently delete Yahoo account:
- Tap on this link (https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_user) to enter Yahoo delete account page on your web browser.
- Enter your email and password.
- Read the “Before continuing, please consider the following information” that contains information that you must know before deleting.
- Click on Continue.
- Enter your email address one more time.
- Click on “Yes, terminate this account“.
- The following message will appear: “Your account has been suspended and will be deleted” (Your account has been deactivated and scheduled for deletion).
The account can be reactivated once it’s closed by logging in again within 40 days after deletion, and the account will be activated so people can email the account again, but you can not read any emails that may reach your account while it’s closed. If you don’t login to your account within 40 days, your account will be deleted permanently.
How to delete mail.com account
Much like Yahoo, there are also steps you can take to delete email account on mail.com. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Go to the home page of mail.com website and then click on My Account.
- Click Delete Account on the left.
- Click on Delete Account one more time on the next page.
- Enter your password.
- Click on Save changes.
The mail account (mail.com) is deleted for security reasons and the email address is blocked for 6 months, meaning that no one can register with this old address during this time period.
How to delete Gmail account
Your google account gives you access to all Google services such as Gmail, Google +, etc. It is easy to access and manage your data through your Google account. Here is how you can delete Google account easily:
- Open accounts.Google.com to access your account settings
- Enter “Account Preferences” option
- By clicking Delete Products, you may need to sign back in to your account again.
- Click on the Delete icon next to Gmail.
- Follow the instructions on the screen, then choose Remove Gmail.
- At the end of the page, there are two acknowledgements you will have to accept before you can tap on the “Delete Account” button to permanently delete your Google account.
When the account is deleted, the email address or e-mail address can not be used by the user or by any other person in the future, and the emails are deleted.
How to delete Hotmail account
If you want to delete mail account on Hotmail, here are the steps you need to take:
- Open Outlook.com and enter your username and password to enter your account.
- Navigate to Microsoft account closure page.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to verify the user’s identity.
- Make sure that the account you are logged on to is the Hotmail account, and if not, you must specify a login with a different Microsoft account, and when the correct account appears, click Next.
- Read the menu, check each item appears on the screen, then choose a reason to close the account from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Mark account for closure.
When the account is deleted, the messages sent to the e-mail address are returned back to the sender with an error message, and after 60 days the user name can be used by someone else.