Twitter is one of the most popular social media networks with over 1 billion active users from around the world. You can share a text of maximum 280 characters on Twitter and let the world know what you think and how you feel. You can also attach a video to your text and share it with your friends. What has made Twitter so popular especially among celebrities and politicians is its 280-character limit which makes everything brief and concise. You can get the gist of what’s going on around the world by a few scrolls in Twitter. Twitter can be a great tool for the ones who are looking for first-hand news as they can read the news right from the source of it. If you already do not have a Twitter account, you can start right now. In this article, I will provide you with a full tutorial on how you can create Twitter account easily.
Create Twitter account
In general, a positive aspect for any social networking website is how easy you can get started with it and Twitter also benefits from this positive aspect. The steps to create Twitter account is relatively simple. There are two methods to do so. The first method is to use the official website of Twitter to create your account, and the second method is to use Twitter mobile application.
In what follows, I will provide you with a full guide on how you can create an account on Twitter both through the website and through the application. Once you have successfully created a Twitter account, you can start sharing your tweets with your friends.
Use the website to create Twitter account
In order to sign up on Twitter, open Twitter official website on your web browser and follow these step by step guide to create your account.
- Once you open the website on your browser, you will see a page as you can see in the photo. Click on Sign Up to start the process of creating your account.
- On the next step, you will be asked to enter your name along with your phone number. Once you are done, click on Next. (Remember you can click on Use email instead to use your email address instead of your phone number).
- Now, you have to choose a password for your account. Your password must be at least 6 characters which consists of letters and numbers.
- The next steps is for account verification. In this section you first need to choose your country and then enter your phone number to receive the verification code on your phone number.
- Once you have entered your phone number, click on Call me to receive a phone call which spells out your verification code. Now type down the code in the provided box and click on Submit.
- You have now successfully created your Twitter account and you can now start exploring and sharing on this great social media website. On the next steps, you will need to enter some information about your interests and hobbies so that the content that you view will be more relevant to what you like.
Use the application to create Twitter account
Aside from the official Twitter website, you can also use Twitter mobile application to create Twitter account. So, once you have installed the application on your mobile phone, you can take the following steps to create your account.
- Run Twitter application on your phone and click on Get Started.
- Enter your name in the provided box and click on Next.
- On the next step, choose your country and enter your phone number.
- A verification code will be sent to your phone number. Enter the code in the box.
- On the next step, you will need to enter your email address.
- Now what you need to do is to choose a username. If the username that you choose is already taken, you need to try other options. You can also use the Suggestions section if you have no idea what to choose.
- On this step, you need to choose a password of at least 6 characters for your Twitter account.
- Now this is the part where you need to choose your interests. There is a variety of options you can choose from.
- On the next step, you can choose Yes, sync contacts to sync all your phone contacts who have a Twitter account. You can also click on Skip for now to do not sync the contact.
- There will be two more questions regarding location access and notifications. You can enable these two options or skip them.
You have now successfully created your Twitter account. If you no longer want to be a part of Twitter, you can simply delete Twitter account which is as simple as creating the account.
This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic)