A Google account is one of the indispensable things for you if you are an Android user. If you do not have a Google account, you will not be able to get the most out of services such as Google Play, Google Maps, Google Photos, Gmail, etc. and many other apps will not be able to function properly. Also, if you do not have a Google account synced on your device, you will face an error while trying to install different apps on your mobile phone. Also, you may face problems while trying to update your apps from Google Play store. So, if you have an Android phone and you are new to the Android world, the first step for you to take is to create Google account to start using all the wonderful features of Google. In This article, I will give you a step-by-step guide on how you can create a Google account for your Android phone.
Create Google Account on Android
As I mentioned before, a Google account is one of the most important options you need to have if you are an Android user. It is not much difficult to create Google account and all you need to do is to take the simple steps that I explain below. But what you need to know is that one Google account is enough for your Android phone. So, if you already have a Gmail account, you can use it to syn your phone with Google services.
In addition, if you already have a Google account but you have reset your phone to factory settings or you have changed your phone, you can still use your old account to sync your phone with Google services. But if you delete Google account or you do not have a Google account, you will need to create Google account. Here is how you can do that:
Steps to create Google account
- Open Settings on your Android phone.
- Scroll down and tap on Accounts.
- Tap on the plus (+) icon to add a new account.
- Choose Google from the available options.
- On this step, click on Add a new account.
- On the registration step, type down your name and last name for your Google account and go to the next step.
- Specify your gender and your age (your age must be above 18 years old).
- This step and the next step are the most important steps of creating a Google account. On this step, you will need to choose your username which is your email address. It is advised that you choose a username that you do not forget easily. Also, the username must not be taken by someone else. If the username is already taken, an error will be displayed and you will be asked to enter another username. Try to choose a username which consists of letters and numbers to make it easier to find a unique one. In addition, when you type down your username, you will see a list of suggested usernames which are not taken and are similar to the one that you have chosen.
- After choosing your username, it is now time to choose your password. Your password is the only protection of your Google account and that is why you need to extra cautious when you are choosing it. As you can use a Google account to access emails, device location and other sensitive types of data, it is strongly advised that you do not choose a simple password for your Google account. Try to choose a password which consists of letters, numbers, and symbols. Remember choosing a simple password increases the chance for hackers to hack passwords easily. Enter your password again in the Confirm password field.
- On the the next step to create Google account, you can enable two-step verification for your account to secure your account even more. On this step, you can enter your phone number and in this case, a verification code will be sent to you via text message. If you do not want to enable two-step authentication for your account, click on Skip.
- The next step will show you Privacy and Terms on Google. Click on More and then click on I Accept.
- On the final step, you will see your username which shows that you have successfully completed all the steps.
After you create Google account, you will be able to use your Gmail or Google Maps easily. You can also use your Google account to update Google Play Services. In addition, if you already have a Google account, you can use the following steps reactivate your Google account on your device.
How to reactivate Google account on your Android phone
- Follow steps 1 to 4 from the previous part.
- Enter your username for your Google account.
- Enter your password.
- If you have two-step verification activated, enter your phone number in the specified field.
- Accept terms of service and click on Confirm.
By following these steps, you will be able to use your Gmail that you already have to sync your phone to Google services without the need to create Google account.