Instagram can be used for searching for anything and any sort of photos you can imagine. As you loose yourself searching for just anything or any one, Instagram keeps a track of all your searches. Much like Google, Instagram search history is also a way of providing you with a better experience. However, you might want to hand your phone to someone to search something on Instagram. This is where all your search history pops up and you might find it embarrassing. Do you want to get rid of all Instagram search history and suggestions? Here is how you can do that. It is actually quite simple.
Delete Instagram search history
You may search for any sort of photos or hashtags. You may be checking on your ex’s profile every now and then and you don’t want their names popping up every time you open the search section. Well, follow these steps to get rid of those embarrassing search suggestions.
- Open Instagram app and navigate to your profile
- Tap the settings icon from the top right corner (a gear icon on iOS or a three dot symbol on Android)
- Scroll all the way down, find “Clear Search History” and tap on it
- You will be asked if you are sure about this. Just click on “Yes, I’m sure”
By following these easy steps, you can simply get rid of all that ex stoking and NSFW search histories. However, you need to keep something really important in your mind. As stated in Instagram Help Center, clearing Instagram search history is temporary and there is always the chance that your search history reappears. So what you need to do is to regularly clear your search history. You are allowed to have multiple Instagram accounts on one device, so you can always have a secret account for your sneaky activities 😉
However, there is another option you can use to get rid of all those suggestion while still using the same account
How to hide Instagram search suggestions
Another option that Instagram offers you is the ability to hide specific people, hashtags, or places. This will allow you to permanently hide them from your Instagram search history. Here is how you can do that with some easy steps.
- Open your Instagram app and head to “Explore” section
- Tap on the search bar and look under “Top” or “Recent” section
- Tap and hold on the specific result that you would like to hide and then tap on “Hide”
Now you can rest assure that all your search history is safe from prying eyes.